Why does backups go across wireless?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by brettr, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brettr

brettr Registered Member

I have two computers connected by ethernet cable. They also both connect to a wireless router/DSL modem. For whatever reason, TrueImage 10 keeps backing up across the wireless connection instread of the cable. The wireless takes much longer. All of my other traffic between the two PCs goes across the wired connection. How do I force TrueImage to use the wired connection?

One machine is XP and the other is Vista.

2. MTX

MTX Registered Member

Just disable the wireless adapter.

3. brettr

brettr Registered Member

Why would I do that? I won't have any Internet connection. Both wireless and wired connections need to remain enabled.

4. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Have you checked out your routing table to see which interface has priority ?

>route print

F.

5. brettr

brettr Registered Member

Yes. In the network connections window, I click Advanced | Advanced Settings. The wired network is above the wireless in the Connections window.

6. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Just be aware that wireless is not supported in any flavor of TI. It may work but if it doesn't your on your own.

7. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

If these are notebooks, there may be a button to turn off the wireless radio on the keyboard. That's an easy thing to do.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello brettr,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that as thomasjk mentioned none of the currently available Acronis True Image versions officially supports wireless network. Please take a look at this previous post for further details.

Please also note that if your computer have several network adapters you can use configure network using "route" command. Check this article by Microsoft for details.

Please follow foghorne's advise and save the output of "route print" command:

- Start -> Run -> cmd

- Enter the command: "route print"

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the information and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.