Why Didn't it Work?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by WilliamP, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Yesterday when I turned on my old computer Online Armor was trying to load its new build. There was an Error screen and it kept retrying. So I decided to remove OA and redownload from the web. Then I noticed an icon for OA on the desk top. Like an idiot I clicked on it. All He-- broke loose. Black screen ,trying to reboot . So I booted into my secondary image. I tried to update my primary from the secondary 4 times .Each time FD told me there is 4 errors. So I created a copy of my secondary and removed my primary. Why couldn't my sec. update the primary??:doubt:

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

The Activity Log (Detailed) might give an explanation and some proof for Raxco.
    (Tools/View Activity Log and you can export it and read it with notepad.)

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

1) did you look at the errors. Chances are it was files that got locked or protected. When Process Guard is on the system an active you will always get two errors, because it can't copy them.

2) Chances are you could have booted to the snapshot, and if not boot to it and booted into safe mode, and uninstalled OA from there.

Pete

4. WilliamP

That computer doesn't have PG. Pete ,I go to tools and view the log but it just tells me there was 4 errors . How can I see what they were?

Last edited: May 30, 2006
  5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I know I was just using PG as an example. Open the log and where you see the plus sign, click on it, then you can see every operation that FDISR did, and that way you can find the files causing the error.

Pete

6. WilliamP

How can I copy or send the files. Two were AAR-Getfile Security . Don't know what that is.

7. ErikAlbert

You can export the detailed log to a file and you can read it with notepad and copy the contents in an email.

8. WilliamP

Who should I E Mail the log to?

Attached Files:

9. ErikAlbert

If you want support or fix this problem, you have to contact the support of Raxco, whatever, not Wilders.
    It could be a bug and bugs are not allowed at Wilders according TOS. I didn't make those rules.

10. WilliamP

I sent a copy of the log to Raxco support. I tried a search of the computer for the AAr GetFile Security and nothing shows up. I don't see how it could be a bug.

11. ErikAlbert

That's good. Raxco support will decide if it is a bug or not. Just wait for an answer.

12. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

I bet you that AAR::GetFileSecurity is the internal name of the function that reports the problem.
    It's not a file on your system.

Actually, looking at it again, I'm assuming that some temp files were removed while FD-ISR was processing the copy/update.
    Maybe another error that is more like a warning.
    (Slap me, ErikAlbert)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.