Why did you choose NOD32?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Alexander, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexander

Alexander Registered Member

Hi!

I'm currently looking for a good anti-virus, and I definitely can't make up my mind between NOD32 and Kaspersky

that's why I would like to know why do you people believe that NOD32 represents a better choice than Kaspersky?

there's no doubt both are great anti-virus solutions, so what made you opt for NOD32?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

3. Alexander

Alexander Registered Member

of course, that's why I'm not asking "what's the best AV? 111!!!"

I just wanna know why you guys picked NOD32 instead of one of the other billion AV's available on the market :)

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

NOD32 is fast , light , efficent , trouble free (you probably know that) . I would not comment other products and I don't want to compare NOD32 and Kaspersky.

Saying
    makes Kaspersky fans/users tell you why did they choose Kaspersky over NOD32.

5. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

I would suggest you try different AVs to see which you like. People on this forum are 'trained' not to respond to such questions.

6. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

NOD32's advantages:
    - Scanning speed.
    - Heuristics.
    - Engine fine-tuning.
    - Doesn't touch the filesystem.
    KAV's advantages:
    - A bit higher detection rate.
    - Speed of viruslab.
    - Non-signature protection.

7. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Administrator

In part due to the manner in which initial question posed, this thread does fall under guidance already posted by HiTech_boy, hence....

Thread closed....

However, had this thread been initiated with a general question along the lines of which traits do you value when selecting a security solution, a fairly interesting and in-depth discussion could follow (assuming it did not devolve into the all to common "us vs. them" fanboy flamefest)....

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.