Why can I not log in with Opera?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Eice, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eice

Eice Registered Member

This problem previously existed only the 10.70 snapshots, but now appears in version 10.62 as well, even with a completely fresh browser profile. Curiously, this problem is not replicable in Ubuntu 10.04 using the same version of Opera as in Windows.

Attached Files:

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The header information being passed by the failing Opera sessions seems to have changed at some point from what was normally expected. A lot of people use Opera here and most don't have the problem, so, I'm at a loss why you are being effected. It looks like a character-set issue, related to utf-8 support. Maybe you've changed language support, or have some kind of additional international char set usage now?

Anyway, I've made a change to the webserver configuration to try to support this difference. I can't recreate the problem myself, so, you'll need to let me know if it's working for you now.

3. Eice

Eice Registered Member

Actually yes, I've got a dozen other Asian scripts installed on my machine. Opera seems to have had trouble lately with recognizing and rendering them properly, so that might be the issue.

Either way, whatever changes you've done did the trick, at least for now. Thanks.

4. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

I always used here all Opera versions without any issue.

5. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

How do you like Opera? I am just trying it for the first time...seems fast but doesn't always open images I am used to seeing that Chrome or FF have. I'm sure it's just that I am not familiar with it's operation at this point.

6. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I used to use Opera a lot. Eventually though it broke more pages for me than Chrome did. I still use Chrome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.