Why ATI?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by controler, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controler

controler Guest

Hello

I beta tested for Drive Image back in 97 and thought their software was fine.
    It booted from a floppy.

Can you tell me why I would chose ATI over some companies that have been around for many years, which provide software such as Ghost or Drive Image.
    I guess i am wondering if Acronis will be around for many years to make a purchase safe. I know companies such as Symantec will be around for ever.

So my question is what makes ATI better as far as an imaging program and will they be around in a few years?

con

2. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

A better question would be : Now at the moment which Imagingsoftware is the most promising now and in the future.Here at Wilders you get the idea.

3. controler

controler Guest

I do see @ Newegg the download version is only $31.90 for ATI though.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I hope this question pertains to a huge licensing deal and not some $40 purchase.

I was involved with Ghost when it was run by the original "inventors" and I also used Drive Image prior to its being bought by Symantec. I also had PowerQuest's Partition Magic. IMO, when Symantec gobbles up a company they have given it the kiss-of-death. It becomes bloated, over-featured and less reliable. Yes, they might make money relying on poor old Norton's name, bundling and marketing but I don't want it anymore. Their Internet Security and other clever offerings are responsible for more slow-running PCs and obscure faults than anything else in the convoluted PC world.

TI has it faults but I'll take it over Symantec anytime.

5. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Dang! And I thought I was the only one that felt like this about Symantec products! :cool:

6. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Actually, there are only the two of you. All the rest of us just love Symantec - to death!:D

7. controler

controler Guest

seekforever

i can see why you seek forever LOL
    First of all Symantec never bought Drive Image.
    Second The big players are not the bad guys just because most her think so.
    They have been around for many years and they do have a handle on maleware. If you think for one min. they are incompetent , you need to think again. They do hire the best programmers avaliable today.
    yea you buy X product with some special features and low and behold, they leave the scene with your dollar.
    Why would you hold against them to buy good software? AND make it better?
    YES I am an original Norton advocate here which nobody likes.
    Please don't be misslead by the so-called tests. they are a big joke.
    Norton deals with Corporate problems everyday. They know what is best.

Now I got to go roast a chicken:D

"I hope this question pertains to a huge licensing deal and not some $40 purchase.

I was involved with Ghost when it was run by the original "inventors" and I also used Drive Image prior to its being bought by Symantec. I also had PowerQuest's Partition Magic. IMO, when Symantec gobbles up a company they have given it the kiss-of-death. It becomes bloated, over-featured and less reliable. Yes, they might make money relying on poor old Norton's name, bundling and marketing but I don't want it anymore. Their Internet Security and other clever offerings are responsible for more slow-running PCs and obscure faults than anything else in the convoluted PC world.

TI has it faults but I'll take it over Symantec anytime."

8. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

And I can see why your controller is over-damped. Drive Image was produced by PowerQuest which was bought by Symantec in 2003. The latest version of Drive Image produced by PowerQuest provided live Windows imaging and this was the technology Symantec used to beef up its Ghost offering. If you don't believe Symantec has DI then go to www.symantec.com and do a search for Drive Image.

I'm glad you enjoy Symantec products but I don't care for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.