Why "230 Items has Been Disabled" always appear

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by johnsasia, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnsasia

johnsasia Registered Member

On version 4.3 free, there is NOT suppose to be auto update but when I open SpywareBlaster, it always says "230 Items Has Been Disabled". So the updates are being downloaded but not enabled. So I click "Enable all protection". I doubled check 'update' but it always says OK. But why is it ALWAYS 230 items? Is this a packet in which the updates are sent? And why are the updates being downloaded automatically when the free version is not suppose to do this (although I must manually enable the protection. Just curious. Thanks.
    o_O

2. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Updates are not in packages of 230, however Firefox has exactly 230 protected items. It seems more likely to me that you unintentionally deleted Firefox's protection. Can you check if those 230 unprotected items are from Firefox? If you delete Firefox's history(automatically or manually) you must uncheck website preferences because that's were the protection is. When you enable SB's protection for Firefox it will fill the website preferences list with the domains in the blacklist and tell Firefox to block the cookies from those domains. Also, unless you manually block or allow cookies in Firefox for some domains and want that information to be deleted, deleting website preferences has no purpose ;)

3. Bluesmachine100

Bluesmachine100 Registered Member

4. cinderstella

cinderstella Registered Member

Thank you! I have been searching everywhere for the answer to this issue. In hope mine is fixed now.:doubt:

Well, unfortunately that did not resolve my issue. I have enabled the 230 items for Firefox about 10 times since I read this post. Since Firefox is the only browser I use there is not much use in keeping SpywareBlaster. Too bad, I have used it for about 8 years.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.