Whose global proxy setting: NOD32's or Windows'?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by antarez, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antarez

antarez Registered Member

I use NOD32 on my laptop in multiple environments with and without different proxy settings, which change 2-3 times on a daily basis, depending on where I work (multiple sites & at home).

In the settings, Update -> Advanced Update Setup -> HTTP Proxy tab, if I choose "Use global proxy server settings", I found that it only respects the settings found under Miscellaneous -> Proxy Server, but not the Windows-wide Internet Options proxy settings.

Having to change both the Windows proxy settings, which I do via a batch script, and NOD32 proxy settings, which I have to do manually via the GUI 2-3 times a day is quickly becoming very tiring for me. (The "reg add ..." batch command doesn't work as it seems NOD32's registry keys are locked)

I believe a simple solution exists that would help ease the process, and would appreciate your kind advice on this. Could NOD32 be instructed to obey Windows-wide proxy settings?

(I did try searching in the forums, but did not find a threat matching my problem description. If I had missed it please kindly point me in the right direction. I have contacted ESET support directly but it seems that they did not understand what I'm asking, and suggested that I download the latest version)

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's possible to detect proxy settings only during installation. Once the program is installed, the service runs in the local system account and thus it's technically impossible to determine the user's proxy settings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.