Who's Using SSM ?!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by JavaProb, Jul 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JavaProb

JavaProb Guest

Hi there... I'd like to know how many WildersUsers are using SSM on their machine, and if not, why not...

Also, if not, do you have a similar product? Which one?

Thanks

2. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi JavaProb,

I tried installing SSM about a year ago when I was comparing it with ProcessGuard. I ended up purchasing ProcessGuard because SSM caused lots of instabilities on my machine. I cannot remember all of them, or at what point they occurred (I do remember having startup problems), but I do remember they were quite frequent and intolerable. PG, on the otherhand, was very stable on my machine and continues to be very stable.

I also preferred PG because of the support that I get from DiamondCS directly and on this forum. Questions are usually answered quite quickly, which is important for a product of this type.

More recently I have tried out other products in this category, of them I have kept RegDefend (for reasons similar to the reasons I purchased PG) but chose not to install SnS, Prevx, and Anti-hook for varying reasons.

Hope this helps answer your inquiry,

Rich

3. Anon

Anon Guest

I'm using it. It's great. I'm not a real big fan of execution monitoring, but in this area it does a much better job than Process Guard in this area because of a more flexible rule set and tends to have more informative popups (Useful if you know what you are doing).

It's rock stable for me, even with ProcessGuard. Regdefend is another matter.

A similar product to try for free would be Antihook. A paid product that looks promising is SNS.

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, i used SSM in the past and was very happy with it; but i uninstalled it for good when i had to uninstall then install the the latest version. i would have kept it if it wasn't for the timed useage.

i use PG free with AbuseShield as i got a free copy of it. i also use MJRW along with some other on access monitors.

5. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    :)

I tried the latest ssm in the past and it works fine, but when I install Kerio 4.2 and try to turn it on it crashed!!! :doubt: :mad:

I will just try the others. :-*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.