Who uses Orb with LNS here?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by dja2k, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Anyone use Orb software from Orb.com. If so, do you have it configured with Looknstop ? I just read this at their site http://www.orb.com/get_orb/known_issues/ , but don't know how to set it up just yet. I found out there are two ways it connects differently, one being using my home network, and secondly via alternative broadband access. I don't know also if I have to turn on netbios and also the file sharing rules in Looknstop, but if I do, I wonder if there is a way for only my external device can connect to my may computer and that is it; maybe by using my external device's MAC Address or something. I also am behind a linksys wrt54g router which I have to set port fowarding as well, don't know what ports though, but I can always use the DMZ feature. Can anyone help out with this if you know.

dja2k

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

I don't think you have to configure some netbios or MAC address related stuff.

Did you try to simply use Orb software and looks at Look 'n' Stop logs to see what's happening in case it is not working ?

Frederic

3. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Yes I did, but like I said it connects differenlty from the network than from an outside line. I can setup the client and server from the logs for the network access, but the ports change every time I log in using ORB. For the outside internet connection , I have to setup DMZ to be able to stream audio and video. If you can help me come up with a rule for client and server with the information in the link above, that would really help out. Also one of the rules that I make using the logs uses port 137 which is netbios, thats why I asked about that.

dja2k

4. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Frederic did you find out what rule that opens the orb ports that I can use?

dja2k

5. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi dja2k,

If the ports is changing every time, I'm afraid there is no possible rule :doubt:
    Is there any port range setting inside Orb configuration ?

Frederic

6. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Just currious , but what would a client and server rule be using the ports they emntion. I have seen the same ports that it tries. Maybe it uses a range of ports and if one port is closed, it jumps to the next after the first, thats why I see it changing. If I get the client and server rule in there and see if it connects we are all set.

dja2k

7. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

Perhaps you should post some lines of the logs here (from two different sessions, to see differences/similarities), so we can help you more.

Thanks,

Frederic

8. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Okay lets start with sprint's broadband access to orb.com. Here is one rule that is blocked in the logs. I have to use DMZ for my computer. Maybe with this you can give me a port range also for setting up port fowarding in my router as well.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2006
  9. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I was looking around the interface of Looknstop and I saw under advanced options where it says autodetect, IP to exclude where it shows 10;169.254;192.168.0.1;127.0.0.1. I noticed it is using the defualt router IP of 192.168.0.1 , but what if I have it different, should that be changed to be the same as mine? Also in the image, you see that some of my rules at the buttom aren't turned on , don't know if they should, never bothered asking.

dja2k

Attached Files:

10. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Ok, so I suppose the port is actually 80, and for incoming connections.
    What you have to do is just a right click on the alert in the logs and choose port 80 in the menu that will open. This will create a rule to open the port 80.
    Then, to have the port open only when Orb is connected, you should edit the rule and associate the Orb application to the rule (with the "Applications..." button).

Yes, it seems you had already an Http rule, but it is probably for client connection, not server (ie incoming connections), and anyway this rule would not be at the correct position for a server rule (all servers rules should be before the "Block incoming connections" rules.

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.