Who Owns True Image?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bulldog356, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulldog356

bulldog356 Registered Member

I hope this is not intentional, but it's not exactly easy to figure out who is behind True Image. This is important to me, because I like to know who supports the program and what kind of support it may have in the future.

When I look at the small type, I see that Acronis appears to be part of SWsoft, but there is no mention of Acronis software anywhere on SWsoft's web site.

It's only when I search through the the press clippings on the web site that I discover that Acronis is "an independent business unit of SWsoft". Who knows what that means?

Moreover, judging from the English in the program and its Help file, True Image does not appear to have been originally written in California.

So: Who wrote True Image? How did it end up at SWsoft? Who are the people who respond to the email sent to Technical Support? And why the mystery behind it all?

2. jaybee333

jaybee333 Registered Member

:rolleyes: Interesting question you have raised. Also interesting that no reply at all has been posted in 4 days!

OK, I'll guess the Country of origin of some or all of the programmers and or staff.

Please do not take offense in any way for my guess, this is just a good natured and innocent guess: Russia.

The Russians are responsible for some top notch software. IL2 Sturmovic and all its iterations, for example.

Also, the names of some of the mods sound like common Russian names to me.

Any ideas? :rolleyes:

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis products (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

Acronis is the independent company which was initially organized by SWSoft. However currently we develop and sell our products independently. Acronis is working for more than 5 years and we do not plan to leave. We do (and will) provide Technical Support to our customers (and future customers as well).

Yes, our Development Team is mostly Russian. However we have our main headquarter in San-Francisco.

Our main goal is not just sell products but give people the program which they will use and which will help them. That is why we are constantly working not only on the software improvement but on the support evolution: besides the ordinary support via e-mail (that is very common for software manufacturers) we have arranged three threads on this forum so that our customers could share their experience with others and could come here to find a possible solution to the problem.

Also you may visit our LiveChat that is available at our site http://www.acronis.com Our Support Team will certainly help you with the solution for any problem you encounter and answer any question you have.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. bulldog356

bulldog356 Registered Member

Many thanks for your reply. I posed the same question to Acronis technical support and received a similar answer.

The software that eventually became True Image was originally written in Russia by Russian programmers. As I understand it, Russian programmers based in California and in Russia are continuing to develop the software.

The head office for sales is in California, as is English speaking technical support.

As we all know, Acronis software has been enthusiastically received in the United States (and worldwide), as has been the software written by SWsoft.

The support person who answered my question (Andrew B) assured me that Acronis is here to stay, and that its software will continue to be supported. Based on all that I have read, I am inclined to believe him. I know I sound like an advertisement for the company, but I'm staying with TI and I'll check out the company's other products as well.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.