Who is using KIS 2006 ?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by dja2k, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Anyone out there using KIS 2006 and if so, do you use bitorrent cliets too? If so, what ruleset are you using in the anti hacker settings to allow connections to bitorrent cliets?

dja2k

2. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack Registered Member

I am using it and it runs perfect with BitComet. Haven't tested other clients...
    It seems that the firewall doesn't have the problems the old one has. It is a technical release, so you could say it's FINAL. Don't say it isn't because it is;). I don't think there wil be another build, but who knows...
    KL told us, beta-testers, that it is final. It will be officially released within this month.
    As I said, it runs great, using the allow all connections, as there can't be problems with it, at least for me;)

3. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

another user here :)

4. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

And me too...no problem so far with Limewire in any case :)

5. kalpik

kalpik Registered Member

Yeah.. Me using it with µtorrent.. No problems..

6. feverfive

feverfive Registered Member

ditto here........speeds are also excellent (on private trackers I average ~600Kbps)...Too bad the beta license expires 4/16/06, and it sounds like licenses for KIS 2006 won't be available for sale until May...

7. kalpik

kalpik Registered Member

You can buy a license for KAV 5 Personal Pro, and it will work with KIS 6.0, now and after its officially released!

8. agustan

agustan Registered Member

i was using KIS 2 days ago with utorrent. The problem i have is that the KIS doesn't Stealth the incoming port as i checked it on grc.com. it just "closed" the port when the utorrent isn't running. is it okay just to leave the port "closed" instead of Stealth when the program is not running??

thanksss

9. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

Yeah, as long as a port is closed you are good to go.

Alphalutra1

10. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

So if you aren't having problems with bittorrent, can any of you using bitcomet or utorrent post the ruleset here? You do know that you can export the rule and open it with notepad right?

dja2k

Last edited: Apr 7, 2006
  11. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I don't really know but the anti-spy module isn't ready right? Someone would be better of using Siteadvisor or Netcraft toolbar.

dja2k

12. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

WoW! KIS caught ccleaner as a riskware.. guess it was because of the damn yahoo toolbar :p

dja2k

13. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I've gotten several false positives as well.

14. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Activation codes for another month;

426AD371-6420-4CCF-9888-C9358E4890B1C
    5288B4AC-B93C-4C1A-BED0-1AA660DB3D085
    68A62B60-CC5A-44A7-BC1F-DBA263FB6A614

15. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I been getting some annoying stuff with anti-hacker where I create allow always rules. For example, I create those rules for regrun's update, but still can't connect until I disable anti-hacker. Anyone having this issue with this program or another?

dja2k

16. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

Have got hold of a copy of this program which I plan to buy come may, or maybe now as someone said I could buy the 5 pro version? and use this for full year of kis 6? presumably prices may be higher if I wait till may.

Have found this program to be very good and passes all the tests on firewall leaktester site.

Only issue I got is that occasionally avp.exe will shoot to 100% cpu and stay there for 5-10 secs for doing something small like select a different email in outlook or loading an app (even for trusted apps).

I disabled the email anti spam as I have other anti spam tools and its not very reliable, changed web anti virus to light scanning since IE became very slow with it on, disabled anti spy again because I got other tools covering that area, everything else is on.

I added some ports for ssl imap/pop/smtp in the ports section and will the email scanner pick up on this auto and start scanning emails on those new ports?

17. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Hello chrcol,

Disable Application Integrity Control for now. It is known to use 100% CPU on some machines. This problem will be fix on the next MP1 release.:)

As for myself I don't have this problem.

18. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

Is this MP1 release before they release the product or will the first pay version have the bug, I dont want to buy it with the bug and then be stuck with it for weeks/months.

Otherwise your fix seems to have worked I turned it off and immediatly after the problem happened but since then it hasnt happened although I prefer to have it on as I lose security because of it.

Thanks.

19. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

I don't think MP1 will be included in the first release which is due around May15. They have just released the MP1 beta for public testing now and the key code is valide until beginning of july. So I guess this is when they plan to release it officially.:)

Hope it helps.

You can always ask the question on the Kasperski Forum.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/

20. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Are you talking about the application database update for regrun? If so what rule are you creating in KIS?

Thanks,

Chris

21. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Not creating a rule, allow all TCP and UDP access.

dja2k

22. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I was checking the latest leaktest score for KIS 2006 and I might be understanding this wrong, but it didn't score the best like Outpost nor Looknstop, but why is it a top choice cause of the proactive defense. Is it because they are saying that the proactive defense kicks in the extras to block some of the leaktests it missed? Whats your opinnion on the anti-hacker firewall in KIS 2006?

dja2k

23. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

If you looked carefully at the last column, KIS 2006 firewall module with the new proactive defense blocked one more leaktest than any other firewall ;) .

Alphalutra1

24. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Now I see that. Also since in this page http://www.firewallleaktester.com/reward_stats.htm they favor KIS 2006 for best choice and this being a leaktest site that is mostly talked about, would you think that this shows that KIS 2006 has a chance to be in the top suites including a well built firewall that is equalivalent to the top two Outpost and Looknstop? All I am looking for in a response is a personal opinion to answer this and if you want to back it up with evidence, that is fine. Just keeping the topic open and finding out what people think about KIS 2006.

There is talk that the HTTP scanner in KAV has problems due to the way it handles traffic and may cause some flaws with other software. This might be a bad thing leaving a way to bypass KAV's protection. Don't know too much about that though.

dja2k

Last edited: May 1, 2006
  25. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

my kis 2006 blocked every leaktest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.