Who here uses Vipre?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by TheIgster, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheIgster

TheIgster Registered Member

I have to say, after trying the demo (the beta on their site for Windows 7), I was completely impressed with Vipre. It found things that both MSE and ESS missed, is blazingly fast and very light on system resources. Dare I say lighter even than Nod32.

I was so impressed that even though I had a license for ESS for 2 years, I bought a license for Vipre and am now using it full time.

Any other Vipre converts/fans out there?

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

im pretty interested in it but id love to see how it fares in a test like atr AV-C, but as of yet thers no real solid proof of how it fares which is why i dont use it :doubt: i always liked CounterSpy tho.

3. TheIgster

Really?

Lately I have tried ESS, MSE, Comodo, Kaspersky and Vipre, and Vipre is BY FAR the fastest at scanning on my system.

You say you found it slower?

Maybe try the latest release, because it is very fast IMO.

4. lotsamosi

lotsamosi Registered Member

I have used it since last October. I could not be happier with it. As others have mentioned, it is extremely light on resources - i never really feel it slowing my computer at all. It takes about an hour and a half to do a complete scan. If that is slow, I really don't care because I scan once a week at 1 a. m.

5. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

im hoping to see Vipre in AV-C but idk if thats gunna happen....

6. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

I tried Vipre as a reseller. However I didn't like the UI or the initial download size & the time it took to download. It's a shame as the business really needs a good light AV.

7. TheIgster

Hmmm...what's not to like? Pretty straight forward GUI if you ask me. Can I ask what you didn't like about it?

Also, the download I grabbed was 13.6 MB. Doesn't seem overly large to me.

Attached Files:

8. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! Been evaluating Vipre, Avira and G-Data the last four mths. I can most assuredly attest to Vipre's Speed and light resource useage. It is effective it seems at Trojan detection and Malware detection, that might have something to do with it's lineage with Counterspy. The other element is dealing with Vipre and Sunbelt's Support they are absolutely superb in their customer focus practices. With the German firms even though their products are superb, they are lacking in establishing a customer focus with a North American pre and post sales technical presence. I'm currently using Vipre with Prevx and the two are a dynamic tandem. Vipre and Sunbelt have come a long way in a short period of time,Vipre is the evolution of an amazing product. Sincerely...Securon

9. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I won a free 1 year liscence. I gave it away. It failed to catch things that Avira didnt.

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.