Who cares

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by cerBer, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cerBer

cerBer Registered Member

Just few moments ago, in front of the client, installed trial version of NOD32 2.70. 39 to show the best AV.

After installation, it says virus signature is very old, please update immediately. Trying manual update, and - here it is again - the problem that was solved long ago - Your version of NOD32 is up to date. No update necessary.

After about 20 unsuccessful tries, the client is gone to install his Norton. Would not be gone if there was a message "server too busy". Well done Eset:thumb:

No Update Necessary.jpg

2. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

Never happened too many with 2.7 or 3.0. Updates are successful.

3. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

Are you sure you have your password and user logged into updates.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The servers have not been busy and they have served well for a long time. Apparently you installed NOD32 2.7 eval version which is no longer supported and you should have installed ESET NOD32 Antivirus eval version instead.

5. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

Thank you..................the poster has no clue. Where did you download NOD32 from?

6. dannyboy

dannyboy Registered Member

cerBer, you have messed up :)

7. cerBer

cerBer Registered Member

From here:
    http://www.eset.sk/download/testovacia#12116
    Or, it could also have been from here:
    http://www.eset.eu/download/trial

Apparently yes. Something wrong with above sites where I downloaded it from? If you have a look, almost all localized versions are 2.7, those are not supported too?
    Further, where I live now, they sell 2.7 and not 3.0, so why I should install something people will not be able to see in the shop?

8. xTiNcTion

xTiNcTion Registered Member

Hi cerBer,

ESET NOD32 v2.7 is supported. I believe only database updates but NOT component upgrade cuz futher development has stopped.

nowdays the only available ESET NOD32's trial is for version 3. You should contact the client and explain a wrong trial was installed... he should understand... after all it's not a perfect world and mistakes happen.

If the client needs ESET NOD32 v2.7 to be installed (OS compatibily) you might ask to your local reseller for a NFS license.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  9. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Even when it *was* supported you'd still get that message if using the trial version :D

10. cerBer

cerBer Registered Member

No, the world is quite perfect, did you actually see this?
    Eset.JPG
    http://www.eset.sk/download/testovacia#12116 is the "real" Eset website, the only? one that offers all language versions. And, if they offer version 2.7 for trial download, they would better support it period.
    I wanted to install 2.7 and I did, because client was asking which is the best AV. I have tried 3.0 and cannot advise it as such (yet).

It still *is* (please see the link). And, that message is displayed WHY? To show what logic is common at Eset? If so, those two messages (you need/you don't need) can indeed tell everything :D

11. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

:thumbd: What about legacy installations - ie, those customers who have older OS still? Does this mean we can't give them a trialo_O?

12. ASpace

ASpace Guest

NFR ... :rolleyes:

13. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

nfr for home users with 1-2 copies is a lot of work - hmmmm....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.