white list in ESS ?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by crotale26, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crotale26

crotale26 Registered Member

Do you plan that the firewall of ESS works with a white list ?

i explain :
    when an non dangerous application wants to access the web, and if the application is known by ESS ( the name of the application is in the white list ), the access to the web is allowed without asking the user of the computer, the rule in the firewall is automatically created.

if the application isn't in the white list, ESS ask the user of the computer if he wants to allow or to deny the access to the web for this application ?

Thanks for answers and good luck to improve ESS

Crotale26

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You can already do what you explain but it is not called white list . You can manually create a rule/rules for application or certain conditions and tell ESS how to act with specific application(s) , e.g. never block/allow certain program (in/out/both directions)

3. crotale26

crotale26 Registered Member

maybe, but you ave to create the rules before using applications. I would like that ESS create automatically rules, without asking user.

the firewall of "bitdefender internet security 2008" works like that. When an application wants to access web, if it's in the white list, a small windows show that a rule to allow access to web has beeen created.

it's very nice to use.

PS : don't ask me to install bitdefender internet security 2008; the protection module don't stay in memory, it's not stable, that's why i'm testing ESS, to buy it maybe in october.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.