White hat hackers infiltrate a power grid in one day

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by lucas1985, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Full article :)

2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I think the problem is we're talking about the same network, the internet.
    Some things probably shouldn't be connected. Cost and efficiency is definitely a factor, but.. one should analyze a problem from all angles.

3. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Sure :)
    Add basic education (social engineering was their weapon), patch policy (vulnerable systems aren't patched because of downtime), etc.

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

They should put one of us in charge, let´s see if hackers can infect machines restricted and controlled by LUA, HIPS/Sandbox and a firewall passing all leaktests! :argh: :D :cool:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  5. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Actually, you don't need any of those. Simply separate extranet from the intranet ... that's it. Remove or disable any peripherals and you have an uncrackable system.
    Mrk

6. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes of course, I was just joking (although security tools will always be needed) but I never really understood these kind of news messages, I mean how the heck is it possible that hackers can penetrate for example air traffic control? I think I´ve read about that a while back, looks like they´ve got a couple of idiots in charge. o_O

7. Carver

Carver Registered Member

And people wonder how 9-ll happened, now with computers..well that brings a whole new level of distruction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.