which would offer the best RT protection?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by duke1959, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Which one would offer the best help for RT protection?

Which one of these three do you think offers the best additional help for RealTime Protection when used with AVG Pro and Prevx2. Comodo Pro Firewall. Spyware Terminator. Or CBOClean? I am going to install just one of these, and want the one that fits best with my current Security. Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Re: Which one would offer the best help for RT protection?

Comodo would fit in well as your setup lacks a software firewall.

3. duke1959

Thanks WSFuser. So you think even with the Network Protection provided by Prevx that Comodo Pro would be the best of the three? I don't know that ST or BOClean is really needed that much with AVG Pro and Prevx.

4. WSFuser

Prevx's "Network Protection" isnt much compared to a full software firewall. And as a anti-malware I think its superior to BOClean and ST.

5. duke1959

I think you're right on both accounts, but some of the less than favorable posts about Prevx 2 here and over at the Castle Cops Forums is starting to worry me a bit. Because of this I was now hinking of un-installing Prevx and using the full version of a-squared Anti-Malware with AVG and Comodo Pro. What do you think?

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I think Kevins improvements to the latest version of BoClean, put it about 2 steps ahead of the others.

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Although I revirted back to BOClean 4.22 I still think it's an excellent product.I think that decission is just personal preferance.But I believe a good strong solid software firewall is a smart choice.

8. duke1959

I'll install Comodo Pro FW then, but what about a-square Anti-Malware verses CBOClean? I remember reading that a-squared was always a good Trojan finder right?

9. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

I have used A Squared in the past,found it heavyer then others.BOClean + SuperAntiSpyware on demand here.

10. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=177434

In this thread one of my favourite posters, Kees1958, is glowing about the latest A-squared.

I tried it and found it used 30Meg but it was very fast sitting alongside F-secure. Also, I thought some functionality would be duplicating Deepguard.

I have installed Boclean because it is lighter, 11Meg, and free.

Pricing of A2 is 60USD for family price and half-price for latter years. Not bad.

Ian

11. duke1959

I just installed a-squared and Comodo Pro Firewall and everything running good so far. I was given a 1 year free sub to a-squared and Prevx by someone in the forum and have been agonizing between the two. I will stay with a-squared if there are no problems. I see the value in CBOClean, but I have to believe a-squared is good choice to go with CPF and AVG Pro. Maybe more input in is thread will change my mind. LOL.

12. WSFuser

Hey duke have you considered SAS?

Also a-squared is nice in that it has HIPS. Hows it working for you?

13. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

I've been using A-squared real-time for about 3 months now and I like it. I did have some trouble with updates recently, but I think it was due to the many program updates. I'm still getting program updates almost daily. The memory usage has dropped compared to the last version. From about 60,000K for one process compared to around 45,000K for 2 processes. I've also used it with Comodo 2.4 with no problems.

The IDS with a-squared seems to compliment my OA2 HIPS protection. The warnings you get are very clear and easy to understand. If you have a free license for it, I don't think you can go wrong by using it.

14. duke1959

I'm liking a-squared a lot and use SAS for On Demand. I just had Avira PP installed as well but am now using AVG Pro and guess what? It just found a Trojan horse Generic 3 FBN in my System Volume Restore that Avira didn't. Not knocking Avira, but considering AVG's low False Positive rate I'm sure this is real.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.