Which Windows 7 services are required?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by 4537256, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4537256

4537256 Registered Member

Its sad when tech support does not know which services a software that they create requires in order to function. So thought i'd try here.
    Now i know i could do countless reboots and try to narrow this down but hoping to save some time due to long working hours lately.

I wanted to know if anyone knows which Windows 7 services are required for ESET smart security to function. I like to tweak for performance reasons but i get BSOD's from one or both of Esets services and i found that it requires specific services but need to know which so i can keep them enabled of course.

Not that its a big deal, but working such long hours i have little time lately to try to narrow it down and figured someone here may have already done the work.

thanks in advance.

2. loli22

loli22 Registered Member

i've never used ESET products, but if it has a service, double click on it and then click on dependencies, you'll see all the services that it depends on.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Are you tweaking for computer games? I believe you can find settings to configure Nod at Eset. http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?pag...earch&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1255066182488

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  4. 4537256

4537256 Registered Member

where do i double click its service? I tried task manager and theres no "dependencie" option there. Then i tried MSconfig and double clicked there but does nothing.

5. psychokilla

psychokilla Registered Member

Go into your run dialog and type services.msc and you will see all your services listed there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.