Which to buy?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ralphS, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ralphS

ralphS Registered Member

Hi All.

I have 2 Vista Ultimate quad core computers & have an HP Mediasmart EX485 (Windows Home Server) on it's way.

If I were to buy
    3 x ESET Smart Security (Home Edition) Licences for three computers, laptops or workstations

Can I load 1 of the Smart Security licenses on the WHS computer WITHOUT the firewall. Ie as ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4?

Will that cause problems?

2. jerick70

jerick70 Registered Member

Hi RalphS,

With an ESS license you can use either NOD32 or ESS with the license that you purchase.

Jeff

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET NOD32 Antivirus is recommended for Microsoft Windows Home Server because ESET Smart Security's ESET Personal Firewall module can disable access to the server during installation.

A license for ESET Smart Security license lets you download a copy of ESET NOD32 Antivirus in its place if for some reason you are unable to use ESET Smart Security or do not want to install it on a particular computer. It may be less expensive to purchase three ESET Smart Security licenses than it is to purchase two ESET Smart Security licenses and one ESET NOD32 Antivirus license, which is one reason you might want to purchase three ESET Smart Security licenses and use the third to download ESET NOD32 Antivirus, instead.

For more information about ESET NOD32 Antivirus and Windows Home Server, see ESET Knowledgebase Article #2212, "How do I remotely install ESET NOD32 Antivirus (4.0) on Windows Home Server?."

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.