Which protection should I go for?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Monkey_Feces, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monkey_Feces

Monkey_Feces Registered Member

I just got through a bunch of software trials. Here are my choices- bundle zone alarm pro + nod 32, nvidia firewall + active armor + KAV. I favor the second bundle because i only need to pay for one anti virus and it already has component control. With either one, would i need to download process guard free for component control, or would KAV and ZA pro's process guards suffice?
    Since I am primarily a gamer, would I sacrifice any protection going for process guard, nvidia firewalls, and nod 32? Many would agree that the configuration would take up the least system resources, but I also heard that process guard has issues with punk buster.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

id avoid the nvidia firewall. its buggy and causes BSOD.

if u decide to use ZA, it already has component control. but u can use PG as a program firewall (u decide which apps are allowed to run).

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I'd definitely go for ZA pro with nod32, i've used that combo before and it works great.

4. Zombini

Zombini Registered Member

The latest ZA Pro is are buggy and bloated... unless you decide to go with an older version.

5. unhappy_viewer

unhappy_viewer Registered Member

I am a gamer and I am using ZA Pro 6.5.737.000 together with KAV. So far there hasn't been any performance issues that I have experience especially with resource-intensive games like Doom 3-engine based games, Source-engine beased games etc. I think ZA Pro's OSFirewall and KAV's proactive defence are more than sufficient HIPS for you. Getting another HIPS program would not significantly add to your protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.