Which Program on trial?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Marja, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Hi All!

I downloaded PG today, the trial version so far, that's when I found out I should make sure nothing is on my computer, soo, just scan with a virus scan,
    spyware scan, what is a really good Trojan scan just to make sure I am clean?

Also, on the trial version, you can protect only one program, which program should be the first in line??

It looks so interesting, I am sure after I get through moving, I will want the full version!

Thanks to any help and thanks to the people at DCS for creating such innovative tools!!

Marja

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Marja,
    To ensure you are clean before installing PG apart from what you have done already, you can d ownload a trial version of TDS3 from here:
    http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=download

Install and reboot.

You will also need to manually download the latest radius file , link on the same page as above.
    Follow the instructions for manually adding the radius file and reload TDS3

You can add any .exe to the protection list to check Process Guard.
    Try on of your security applications but not KAV or ZA as they are well protected. Try your browser or mail client for instance, then set the four general blocks and enable "securely handle windows closure"

Test with Advanced Process Termination.

3. Marja

Thanks Pilli!!

I was thinking I should try TDS3 also and getting a new fire wall, for some reason lately mine is blocking almost everythingo_O Makes me think I best be sure why, before installing PG.

Thanks again for answering!! And explaining!! :)

Marja:cool:

4. Andreas1

Andreas1 Security Expert

In fact, IMHO, you should try the single-process-protection with a couple of your most important security-relevant processes. Firewall/AV/AT/Mailer/WebBrowser come to mind. Substract those that look after their protection themselves (Pilli mentioned some, but actually it can't hurt to fiddle around trying to protect them as well. At worst you'll have to uninstall PG.).
    The reason I'm saying this is: DCS - with some right - mean the trial for you to test out if there are compatibility issues. If you buy the full version and then find out that it won't let you use your favourite application, you will have a hard time getting your money back. One surely can discuss this policy, but if you know it in advance, it's better to take care of it early.

Andreas

5. Marja

A big thanks, Andreas!!

Yes, I would be unhappy finding out it wasn't compatible with my other apps!
    They are already acting like unruly children, maybe time for a change all the way around??!

Are there any "for sure" apps that don't mesh with PG? Any security suites, like McAfee or browsers?

Thanks again, I wouldn't have thought of checking all for compatibility!!

Marja

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.