Which online scanners do you use or recommend?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by roark37, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roark37

roark37 Registered Member

I was curious as to which online scanners people on these forums use or recommend? My main four are Kaspersky, Bitdefender, Ewido, & Asquared. I run an online scan with each of these roughly once a month. I also use Superantispyware free as an on demand spyware scanner but that technically is not an online scanner. I still have Lavasoft Adaware & Spybot S&D as well but use those less often as I prefer Superantispyware. I really don't know of a specific online spyware scanner similar to the anti-virus or anti-trojan scanners. Lastly I use Blacklight from F-Protect for checking on rootkits. Are there any additional online scanners that you think would be of benefit to add to these? Or is it likely that this is already overkill? Also, if all of these scanners came up clean when scanning your system does that mean almost certainly the system is clean or is it still possible that you have something that all of these don't detect?

Thanks.

roark37

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i mainly use ewido. its pretty effective and it lets you remove any malware it finds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.