Which of the following anti-virus are better?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by spider_darth, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vlk

vlk AV Expert

Hipgnosis, it sounds much like KAV detected a phishing email in your mail archive. Avast (as well as NOD32 - usually) doesn't really detect phishing emails - they're most often handled by anti-spam applications instead...

2. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Avira free is not nearly as good as Avira Personal Edition Premium on AVComparatives latest tests. But IBK says its due to the lack of antispyware scanning in Avira free that makes it not as good as the Premium version and you said that was not important to you.

I would go with Avira or AVS. I would not go with Avira if you use Nero and have a floppy drive as there is a bad bug there.

3. q1aqza

q1aqza Registered Member

But I thought spyware wasn't tested in Av Comparatives so wouldn't the results for Avira premium still be valid for Avira free?

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

What i the basis for this conclusion?

Thanks

5. MalwareDie

MalwareDie Registered Member

I thinnk he bases it on this:

but I think Avira free only does worse on the PUPs test and any other category with spyware. I don't think the difference is really that large.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.