Which Nod32 version for Vista?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Biscuit, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Hi

I'm just about to upgrade one of my computers to Vista. It has Nod32 v2.51.26 installed. Do I have to manually upgrade this to Nod32 & should I uninstall Nod32 before the upgrade, the install again after the upgrade is finished?

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I'd put 2.7 on it. Painless upgrade..just install it right on top of your 2.5..then upgrade to the Vista pig.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I personally wouldn't take the risk and I would uninstall v 2.51 , then remove ESET folder.
    Install Vista
    Install fresh v 2.70

But it's up to you . You definitely , however , need v 2.70 to use on Vista

4. Biscuit

Thanks, I deleted Nod32, installed Vista now I'm trying to install Nod. Which version do I use for my network system? The filenames have changed I think. I have a network with the Admin Console running on the server.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The Admin Console (RAS/RAC) must be updated to the latest version 1.0.14 in order to manage 2.7 versions of NOD32 . You can download and install them over the old versions

Since this Vista seems to be on a workstation , the version for it would be either Standart or LanUpdate , you know better what you need :thumb:

6. Biscuit

Ahh, but I don't! :oops:

I want Nod to run on the Vista workstation & update itself from my server mirror directory.

Thanks for the advice about updating the admin console.

7. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

If the NOD32 LAN Update Server is hosted on a different computer on your network then the version you need is the "regular" NOD32 for Windows version which protects Windows NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003 abd Vista. It can be downloaded from this page on ESET's web site.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.