Which NOD32 version for Sever 2008 DCs?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jftuga, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jftuga

jftuga Registered Member

Greetings all,

We are running NOD32 v. 2.70.39 on our two Win 2008 Active Directory servers (and rest of the building). These are running on top of VMWare ESX vSphere 4i. We were experiencing server locks ups during the middle of the day of just these 2 servers. The VMWare tech support suggested that it may be antivirus causing this problem.

Long before the problem started, I had excluded files & folders according to this document: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158

While I am not 100% sure if NOD32 is the culprit in this case, I wanted to ask if anyone else is having any issues with running NOD32 on a 2008 DC. Also, what version are you running on your servers?

For a few months after NOD32 v3 was released, people here on the forums were stongly recommending staying with v2. Since I did not have any problems with v2, I took their advice.

For a few months after NOD32 v4 was released, people here on the forums were recommending (a newer, more stable, improved build) v3 for servers.

I have not revisited this topic in a long time, so I just wanted to get some input as to what the current school of thought is for NOD32 on servers, especially version number, exclusions, etc.

FWIW, when possible, I run AMON on my servers, with exclusions for Exchange, SQL, etc.

Thanks so much,
    -John

2. RyanH

RyanH Eset Staff Account

If you choose to upgrade to version 4.0 of ESET NOD32 Antivirus, please check out the following Recommended Server settings:

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2144

Version 4.0 definitely has improvements over previous version and the latest business edition build have been made to be more compatible with server operating systems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.