which is the best browser ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by john_81, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrBot

TrBot Registered Member

Which do you all THINK is the fastest?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Close race between Opera and Mozilla.

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

The new netscape 8 is very fast also. and it works with the firefox speed tweaks. But my vote for speed would have to go to opera.

bigc

4. Hi guys...

I have to agree that Opera comes first.

As far as I've tested for the previous three years, to this day Opera is best all-round... Version 8b3 is awesome... Beta-scared can fall back on latest regular, which currently is 7.54u2

I guess Opera is so much underrated in the US... US FFox is more spread than Norwegian Opera, but Opera is always months ahead in terms of innovations and browsing features ideas.

Many features which FFox users are now amazed at simply were default-imbedded in Opera years ago!... The only feature I can think of which is FFox-available through extensions but not Opera-implemented is Ad-Block. ALL the other FFox-extensions's most useful features I examined have been existing in Opera for years.

So...

1/ Opera
    2/ Mozilla (still functions very well with the JRE 1.5-02, which FFox does not)
    3/ FFox (Moox version)

Kmeleon (again another Mozilla/Gecko based browser) is nice, although the current version's user-interface is a bit annoying to me.

Beonex (Gecko too) was nice, but I've lost sight of where it now stands...

Maxthon/IExplorer are not allowed on my machine for security reasons.

I agree Netscape 8 is to be kept under watch because very promising, although not polished enough for me in its current beta stage.

BTW, Opera scores a perfect ten on Secunia advisory/alerts site, and often does. When not, it's back to ten in a couple of days. Most secure/elegant af them all; one of the all-time fatsest, too.

Just my two cents...

Rgds

5. Arup

Arup Guest

Opera rules, have been using it from version 2, one of the reasons my systems have seen little viruses. Opera is unique,smooth, very fast, loads in a jiffy and comes with excellent interface.

6. john_81

john_81 Registered Member

is active X program is blocked in opera

7. Arup

Arup Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2005
  8. abhi_mittal

abhi_mittal Registered Member

Ya, thats a nice adblocker for Opera.
    For firefox you could use a fully customizeable extension called AdBlock. Its pretty effective once you configure it properly.

9. anti-spy

anti-spy Guest

But does Opera have the very flexible 'Switch Proxy' extension as Firefox does? If Opera had this one, I would rate it more highly. I use the Switch Proxy extension so often, I couldn't live without it.....well almost. ;)

Netscape also lacks this very helpful extension. As far as I know only FF has it, and for those of us who switch between different proxies regularly, it's nearly essential.

10. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    Our version is customised by us and is not available otherwise. The additions are security enhancements that anyone can make.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.