Which firewall is better, kerio 2.1.5 or sunbelt kerio 4.2??

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by kumarprabhatn, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kumarprabhatn

kumarprabhatn Registered Member

Which firewall is better kerio 2.1.5 or sunbelt kerio 4.2?? Any help guys :cool: ??

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I prefer The Kerio 2.1.5 version and it runs much lighter also., but if you don't want to have to do much configuration plus have a few more features then the 4.2 version would be a better choice.

3. Mem

Mem Registered Member

I prefer the 4.2 due to the intrusion and web protection features which work well in filling out with my other security programs at the perimeter. This way the different browsers used don't have to be configured separately as much within the same user. 4.2 seems to be very PC specific - if you don't get the BSOD problem then it should be OK, otherwise, go with 2.1.5 (or if these features are not important to you).

4. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

I agree with bigc on this one. I run 2.1.5 and am quite happy with it. (I also have a router so I only use Kerio to monitor for outbound alerts)

5. herbalist

herbalist Guest

Kerio 2.1.5 is strictly a rule based firewall. Version 4 is more of a security suite, with content filtering, and several other features. As for the firewall component itself, I prefer 2.1.5, a very strong and stable firewall, and use other software for the other tasks. If you're comfortable with choosing your own components, 2.1.5 is an excellent firewall. I've used it for a few years now, and no matter how many others I try, I keep going back to it. If you combine Kerio 2.1.5 with System Safety Monitor, Proxomitron, and a good AV, you'll have a very potent suite that will defend you from most everything you may encounter.
    Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.