Which executable is the primary

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by AMRooke, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMRooke

AMRooke Registered Member

I just upgraded to Paragon Hard Disk Manager 12 Suite from the 2008 Suite, and following the install, Win 7 does not show the application in the Start window (as happens for all apps that load in the "Program Files (x86)" folder instead of the "Program Files" folder). My question is that there are many executables in the application's "program" and "program2" folders. Which one launches the application user interface? Some of the most likely guesses include:

1) explauncher.exe
    2) launcher.exe
    3) plauncher.exe

Any input would be welcome, before I just start going down the list, trying them out.

Thanks

2. garioch7

garioch7 Registered Member

AMRooke: The program you want is "launcher.exe" in the Program folder.

I have been using Win7x64 for almost two years and have never had installed programs not show up in the Start Menu, regardless of whether they were in the Programs folder or the Programs (x86) folder. I have worked on many x64 computers and I have never seen that issue. Very strange.

Sounds like something is interfering with your x86 installs.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
    -Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.