Which exe to exclude??

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by tosbsas, Oct 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

Hey guys

I have a question:

The new spampal is working with a transparent proxie and that way you can sue the standard ports to listen and to check for mail. But this way in some configurations nod gets to check twice every mail. Spampal offers a possibility to exclude exe files from using the transparent proxie layer. Which exe would have to be excluded to stop imon of checking twice??

Spampal can't recognize dll's

Thanks

Ruben

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

tosbsas

Does this help?

Spampal

Due to changes in how the email scanner works, the 2.xx versions, doesn't need quite as much configuration, as it transparently scans on port 110. However, this results in two problems:

a. the email now has two "This message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus System" tags added to the email, since it is being checked once when SpamPal accesses it and again when the email program does.

b. email retrieval is significantly slower because each message is being scanned for virii twice.

The easy solution to the problem it to let NOD32 continue to scan port 110 and change SpamPal's POP3 Local port (on the Port Properties pane) to something like port 1101 and then telling your email program to use 1101 as well.

(The Port Properties pane is accesed by right-clicking on SpamPal's umbrella tray icon, then click on Options. Now click on the Connections option and select port 110 POP3. Finally click on Properties.)

3. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

I think I wrote that one - that would do the trick, but at spampal they are tring to get as back to be abel to use the normal ports - therefore the transparent proxy :)-) If there is no *.exe from nod - well I will go that way

Ruben

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Doesn't excluding nod32krn.exe make a difference?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.