which catagory to ask a question about IEXEPLORE.EXE?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by pinkbumble, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinkbumble

pinkbumble Registered Member

i KEEP getting this message when I try and shut down windows 2000. IEXEPLORE.EXE is shutting down, then I have to hit the (END NOW button) to get it to shut down. where do I post this question in this forum. Whats wrong?

thank you
    gayle

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

"Hi PBGayle .... Happy New Year & Welcome to Wilder's!"

Now I'm not as familiar with win2k as I am with xp but maybe we can make some headway. ;)

If you open taskmanager, ctrl+alt+del or rt clk an empty area on the taskbar, are you able to tell us with certainty whether the file you referenced was typed correctly - iexeplore.exe? Can you recall anything in particular that may help us pinpoint the problem; recent update, new program, new year's interference :D something you can remember in the timeline? Check this, "viewing event details" here. Look carefully for a current problem that relates iexeplore.exe (ev will appear something like this).

Perhap's you'll tell us also if your browser is the standard Internet Explorer (version accessed by going to help at the top of your screen, then about), or a modified one supplied by your ISP (internet service provider).

That I think of it, how old is this pc? Was an install disk included or did the os come pre-installed?

Steve

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello gayle,

Just to be sure, would you mind verifying the spelling of "IEXEPLORE.EXE" Please. That spelling does bring up a red flag but don't need to look that direction if it was a mis-spell.

Bubba

4. pinkbumble

thank you for the reply. I may have misspelled IEXEPLORE.EXE. The next time I get the error message, I will carefully write it down and let you know exactly what I see..
    :)

5. pinkbumble

Hi Steve: My computer is home built. The person that built it is not here so to tell you whats in this thing is beyond my understand. As far as the viewing of events, I took a look at that and it is full of (X) and (!) signs. I can send you the events if you like , if that would help. They might not be related to this problems, but would be great to know if something else is wrong. Just let me know if you want to see the event log.

I think I misspelled the Iexeplore.exe. When I get the error again, I will carefully write it down.

Thank you kindly
    Gayle:)

6. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi Gayle,

Could I ask what type of web activities you're primarily involved in; email, new's ...? Your answer I'm hoping will help us understand how you may need to be directed in order for us to be of any real assistance. No hurry, we're here. ;)

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.