Which antivirus has the lowest CPU and memory usage?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by TeknO, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwod

iwod Registered Member

Um... I never said NOD32 is the best AV. And Neither did i said NOD32 is the lightest AV.
    Although i did mention according to mutiple test and resources that NOD32 offer best protection for its memory resources usage.

For smallest. F prot can't be beaten as far as i am concern. I have never use Dr.web so i will definately try out before i format my computer again.

And i agree with you that there is no best. Since every one have to look for their own perfect AV.

And may be other did mention what they currently use as their Security software for recommandation. I never do that.

I suppose it is the perception.... May be some thing need to be rethink becoz some noob never read or search, plus they trust what they read without ever questionning them..........

2. halcyon

halcyon Registered Member

iwod, I wasn't referring to you (with my NOD32 blind advocate jibe) :)

You brought up a very good point about memory usage measurements.

I'll just pop in every now and when esp. when I see beginners go ga-ga over their own new purchase (again, not referring to you) and blindly think that it is the only good choice and sufficient by itself.

Security is not a product.

And it surely is not one particular product alone :)

friendly regards,
    halcyon

PS I use and test various software. Sometimes too much, sometimes too little. Not as much as some of the hardcore old-timers here though. I'm trying to combine a a small enough number of AV, AT, antispy, rootkit and registry scanners/protectors, but it seems like a really cumbersome thing to do to manage with a small number. The most important thing for me however is to try to stay up to date on new threads, use security policies & procedures within the OS and within my own behavioural patterns. I'm not very good at it yet, but improving slowly :)

3. iwod

iwod Registered Member

This is what i am LOOKING For!!. "The" sentence.
    I always think like security is more like..... Protection with Common sense . But obviously even i can argue with my self on this point. ( How do you define common sense, is what a noob would ask )

But security is NOT a Product!!!!!!
    Thanks. This sentence is definately going into my signature. ( P.S Why haven't i been infected by signature spreading worm? :D )
    ( Sorry halcyon for stealing your words :D but i could find any better ones )

Sorry for being off topic and we seems to have drift off the main title.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.