Which anti-spyware works best?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by imapotato!, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imapotato!

imapotato! Registered Member

Which one has realtime monitering, preferably free and is light on memory? Do you know any good ones?

2. trickyricky

trickyricky Registered Member

No one single antispyware program is good enough alone, but the best all-rounder regarding all your requirements would be Spyware Terminator. Backed up with Superantispyware as an on-demand solution and most of the nasties out there will be eliminated from your system.

3. btman

btman Registered Member

For free realtime monitering... The only ones that I know are....

Windows Defender www.microsoft.com
    Spyware Terminator www.spywareterminator.com

And yeah... All other realtime anti-spywares are paid.... Lol.

4. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Your choices are limited if you seek free realtime monitoring; however, in this category, one of the best apps is WinPatrol:-

http://www.winpatrol.com/

It is not a scanner, so you would have to use another prog for demand scans, but it does keep an eye on critical areas of your system.

5. carephil

carephil Registered Member

Hi!

I have just joined this forum to share the problems I have experienced with SpywareTerminator.
    I have a new carefully maintained 3 Ghz desktop with XP Home. Twice, when I right-clicked the SpywareTerminator icon in the system tray, I received blue screen stop errors: 0x8E. I had just uninstalled a video capture program with a problem driver. Research indicated that SpywareTerminator may still have some program compatibility problems. System Restore got me out of trouble, but I still like the attributes (especially real-time defence) and interface of ST, and others don't seem to have problems. Do you or others know of the problems I have experienced? How do you all rank Spyware Terminator? I'm using the Opera 9.1 browser and Comodo firewall (both very good), AVG 7.5 free, Ad-Aware SE Personal, SpywareBlaster (which may not recognize the Opera browser), and Spybot. I've disabled real-time scanning in AVG Anti-Spyware because I will lose it anyway in a couple of weeks with my free version. The other security programs seem to be fine, but I wonder whether real-time scanning in SpywareBlaster might be incompatible with SpywareTerminator.

Kind thoughts....

6. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

You could use WinPatrol or Spyware Terminator and use a scanner like SAS, A-Squared,AVG Antispyware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.