Where's the $29 offer for Seagate Drive Owners?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TomBrooklyn, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomBrooklyn

TomBrooklyn Registered Member

I saw an offer for Seagate Drive owners that had Seagate Disk Wizard to by TI 10 for $29. Now I can't find it? Where's the offer?

2. DoGGpound

DoGGpound Registered Member

3. TomBrooklyn

Hi Dog,
    TI 10 sells normally for $49. I saw an offer for Seagate DiskWizard owners to upgrade to the full verision for $29. Now I can't find the offer. I can't remember where I saw it.

4. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

5. DoGGpound

DoGGpound Registered Member

Sorry Tom, my at-work-at-8am eyes/brain misread your question ;)

6. TomBrooklyn

OK. Thanks. Cheers.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  7. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

8. TomBrooklyn

That will be my next step.

I purchased from acronis.com/promo/seagate twice so far. The first time, I recieved no confirmation of sale or download priviledge and the second time I recieved confirmation but the installation would not proceed unless I provided a serial number of the *acronis* product I was upgrading from. Of course, there is no serial number when upgrading from Seagate.

I then sent no less than three requests to support to resolve the issue. I know they ask people not to send more than one request per issue, but this was over the course of almost a week when they had yet to respond to this seemingly simple, clear cut situation; and in the meantime my computer has a corrupted hard drive that needed restoring which I also told them.

In an amazing turn of events today, I got a response from acronis support saying that there is no upgrade offer from Seagate Disk Wizard.
    One would have to surmise they didn't even bother to actually read any of my correspondence as in each one I had cited the webpage making the offer. This is becoming practically surreal.

9. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

As you will come to realize, that's "par for the Acronis course".

10. TomBrooklyn

Thanks for that information, DwnNdrty. It is well timed as a few minutes ago I just read another idiotic response from acronis support that sent my fustration level into the red zone. This latest reply again completely ignored mention of the Seagate Offer Website and suggested I buy a $20 product from them to bring my total purchase up to $49.99, after which they would then swap this plus my upgrade purchase for one copy of Acronis Full Install.

Your comment plus my experience makes it clear that I might as well just laugh at these people. This is actually a relief to me; as trying to deal with them has become like an Alice In Wonderland adventure. Now I know I might as well just ignore them and proceed as best I can without them. I will just get the product from UGS and have my bank reverse the charges of the previous two purchases.

11. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Thanks for this info. I am using the free Disk Wizard, and have had the upgrade offered in Disk Wizard on my mind as a possibility for a while. Now that I know the upgrade doesn't really exist I can forget about it.:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.