Where's my Raid array?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AWBbox, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AWBbox

AWBbox Registered Member

Hi all, just got my copy of Acronis True Image 10, first of all I'd like to congratulate you guys at Acronis for such a fine release! I'm impressed so far :) However, I'm having trouble with the program detecting my RAID0 array. Spec:

EVGA 680i mobo (Nvidia 'Mediasheild' RAID controller)
    1x Western Digital Raptor X 150Gb (Primary drive, backup went fine!)
    2x Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 400Gb in RAID0
    1x Lacie Big Disk Extreme 1 Tb (What I'm backing up to, using firewire 400)

In windows Disk management, the RAID array is named as a 'Dynamic Volume' unlike the other two volumes. This is the only thing I have noticed that could really set it apart. Can anyone please tell me where I am going wrong?

2. Unit01

Unit01 Registered Member

By the sounds of it your RAID0 is a software RAID within windows. To do software raid in windows, you need 'Dynamic Disks' of which the home flavours don't support.

Re-create it as a hardware raid if you can, other wise you'll have to run them as single disks.

The other option would be to mount one disk, as a folder of the other disk. Twill be one of the options you get when formatting the disks.

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, AWBbox

Welcome to Wilders

I am pretty sure Dynamic Volumes are not supported by Ti10, I think Dynamic Volumes are only support by the Server and Enterprise Server Versions of TrueImage.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

4. AWBbox

AWBbox Registered Member

ok, thanks for the replies :)

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello AWBbox,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Would like to confirm TheQuest's reply. Acronis True Image 10.0 Home supports all hardware RAID controllers. Windows LDM (also called Dynamic Disks) are supported by server version of Acronis True Image: Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows and Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server.

If Acronis True Image (Enterprise Server or Server for Windows editions) runs in rescue mode (for example, booted from Bootable Rescue media), dynamic disks will be not accessible. Therefore, to be able to repair a system partition, you must keep its image on a basic, network, or removable disk. You can find more information about using Dynamic Disk with Acronis True Image in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

The other things to keep in mind are:

that Dyanamic Disk cnfigurations can be pita's for more reasons than just ATI.

That RAIDO does't generally same much time in actual practice -- on a disk intensive test, yest but on a real world test, not much -- meanwhile you have twice the chance of a hardware for that logical disk.

ATI doesn't support Dynamic disks, afaik. If you can load drivers to run raid from the motherboard or an add-in card (these drivers would come with the mobo or add-in drive controller) And the BIOS supports the RAID card then it's likely ATI 10 will support it since it supports lots of such raid configurations -- it's just them specialized software-enacted raid systems called Dynamic Disks that ATI doesn't support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.