Where'd the WMPscriptfix.exe file go to?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by JustGrazing, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustGrazing

JustGrazing Registered Member

I regularly send people to Javacool to get all of the handy stuff, and the file for the WMPscriptfix.exe is *gone*.

The link here www.javacoolsoftware.com/wmpscriptingfix.html is pointing to www.wilderssecurity.net/downloads/WMPscriptfix.exe
    but all I get is a "D'oh! 404 Not Found" message. ;) It looks like all of the other downloads are pointing to www.javacoolsoftware.info/downloads/ so this is the only weird one I've found thus far.

Additionally, I found out sheerly by accident that the current version of QuickTime Alternative lets embedded URLs in MOV files launch. Oh, joy. I'd forgotten that the CODEC doesn't work with WMP, just MediaPlayer Classic. Now I need to hound *them* to close the same security hole. I never knew that MOVs would support an embedded URL like WMV files do.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.