Where to submit Bitdefender FP's?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Ibrad, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

I have been looking everywhere for a guide that tells me where to submit Bitdefender a FP report. I have emailed the Bitdefender virus submission email with the topic "FP Detected" two day's ago but I no updates have yet fixed the FP. So does anyone know where I submit an FP without having to sign up for the Bitdefender forums?

(Just so you know I have been trying to submit the Panda Cloud Test file as a FP)

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

4. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Yeah I used that email, I read somewhere at Wilders that I should send it via that email with the title "FP Detected" so I did that first. I may just have to try sending it again or sign up for the forum and post an FP report.

@Cudni:

No, I did not submit it via an online forum, I always feel bad when sending it via an online forum because normally it goes to the tech support branch and they ask what version of product x I am using. So I try to get it directly to the virus labs.

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Ok. I understood you knew for a fact that some BD version is flagging that panda file. Are you just making it sure that it does not ;)

6. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Kinda :D I have been submitting that file to many of the vendors (Sunbelt, Avast, VBA32, Nod32, PC Tools, Emsisoft) to help get that FP fixed and some vendors are much harder then others to get in contact with to get it fixed.

7. RalucaD

RalucaD Registered Member

Hi Ibrad!
    If you submit a FP report using the virus submission email, the reports are analyzed automatically, but if you want to have updates, we recommend contacting the BitDefender support team http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/consumer/#492 We promise not to ask what version you are using:)

Raluca

8. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Will contact them when I have time, thanks!

9. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Ok I was going to the Contact us area and it said in order to fill in the web forum it asked for a license key. That's kinda hard to fill out when you do not use the product. I did however find an email address saying it was Support (at) bitdefender. com so I will send an email to that address.

10. MrGSM

MrGSM Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.