Where to get version for Vista ?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by Will S, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will S

Will S Registered Member

I see the thread below detailing how to set nod32 up on Vista but where do you get a version that will run on vista ? My other computer died so have set up Vista on this computer and now want to use NOD32 instead of Miscosoft junk., well partiucularly as I brought a licence for 2 years :)

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No where . The current version of NOD32 - 2.51 is incompatible with Windows Vista according to both ESET and Microsoft .

ESET are creating new version , 2.7 which is going to be pushed soon . You'll have to wait . Read other threads in the forum for beta products and you'll have more information :thumb:

3. blaine

blaine Registered Member

yes and Eset has a policy of sharing no information to its best customers. :thumbd::thumbd: :thumbd:

4. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

It would be interesting to know if Eset got from MS the permission and knowledge to access the kernel directly or only via API.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I have read that Microsoft will give permission to all security vendors to access the kernel in Vista . As usual there are lots of procedures that should be done but there is no reason MS to prevent exactly ESET from that ;)

6. Will S

Will S Registered Member

Iasked a question on the Microsft VBista forums and am now using Avast for free and its causing no problems. Its strane I can get a freebie yet a program I paid ( 2 years licence ) for has nothing

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

It will soon.

Cheers :D

8. Will S

Will S Registered Member

Well hopefully sooner then later :)

And I have glasses on today so maybe my message will make more sense.

I assume that it will be a case of just downloading, entering your product key and away you go ?

9. ComputerAid

ComputerAid Registered Member

Many thanks Eset (not) :thumbd: for helping us IT guys to be able to test Noddy on Vista - we usually like to give something around six months testing prior to releasing it to end users. Seems like Eset have same policies as Microsoft - chuck out a new programme and let the users find whether it works or not! o_O Can anyone suggest what AV they have had success with on Vista? Looks like we will need to use alternative AV on the Vista platform since Eset can't get their act together. Shame really, since we have found Eset to be a reasonably good AV. Still needs to be improved, but at least they mkae PC's that can run it - unlike Norton :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: , they seem to create software that requires the speed of CPU's not yet produced! :D

10. ComputerAid

ComputerAid Registered Member

Has Eset released a date for when they are going to have Vista Support - even Microsoft have a release date for Vista!!:D

11. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

If you haven't already seen it, try post#3 in this linked thread. Actually the whole thread sheds some light.

Cheers :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.