Where to discuss ADSL routers/firewalls (hardware)?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by halcyon, Aug 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halcyon

halcyon Registered Member

I'm in the process of buying a new one-in-a-box ADSL 2+ modem / router / firewall.

I've outgrown the capabilites of my current Thomson Speedtouch 510v4, which has served me well.

However, the trouble is that I can't seem to be able to find a lot of good discussion on various new ADSL routers.

The only places I've really found are:

www.broadbandreports.com
    and
    www.adslguide.org

Can anybody recommend any other forums to discuss the performance, security and other capabilities of various active network components?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

3. Scooby

Scooby Registered Member

Wow, what a coincidence. I just bought a Netgear FVS328 about a week ago and have it hooked to a T1 line using my last IP address that I have on the net. I am running an Asus A7N8X-DLX with two network connections onboard, a 3Com and Nvidia. I wanted to make sure the Netgear was all set up before I switch my users over to work from that. I can’t get it to work most of the time and it’s driving me nuts. If I had time I would call Netgear’s support line (I hope they have one) and ask them to troubleshoot it. Most of the time my ICQ won’t connect and I have to start it repeatedly to get it online and the same with IE, constantly hitting refresh to get it to go to any sites. Then sometimes it just works without a reason just like it is supposed to. I don’t get it and it’s killing me. Any insight on this would be appreciated.

4. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Not that your questions can not be answered here at Wilders....but did you visit BBR\DSLreports Hardware By Brand link ?

This link---> http://www.broadbandreports.com/forums/18

As you'll see....there is even a Forum for Netgear and many good threads dealing with the DG834 & Netgear Prosafe FR328S routers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.