Where is RUN NOW button???

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by randle, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randle

randle Registered Member

I am using Paragon Drive Backup 10.0 Professional. I have generated several scripts to run various backup tasks as needed. When I load a script in the scripts windows and right-click on it there is no RUN NOW option like there used to be in ver. 9.0, consequently, there is no way to run a script, you can only schedule it to run in the scheduler which doesn't work at all (see my post on this subject). So please tell me how to manually run a script. This is almost essential to run a script when you need to, not schedule it to run. I sincerely hope the developers will bring back that option in the next build. Thanks.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Randle,

The "Run Now" got moved from the Scheduled Task list to the Scripts list.

In the Scheduled Task tab, the bottom portion should be labeled "Scripts". Click the add button to add your script, then right click the script for "Run Now".

3. randle

randle Registered Member

Hello Tommy,
    Guess I am missing something here. When I right-click the script in the Scripts window, there is simply no option for "Run Now". It is not there. It seems to have been removed from ver. 10.0, or am I doing something wrong?

John

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

It's available in my DB 10 Workstation and Server.

Can you post a screenshot?

5. randle

randle Registered Member

I don't know how to take a screen shot as the right-click menu disappears when I try to define the capture area.

Here are the choices I get when I right-click a script:

Edit Script
    ----------
    Clone Script
    Delete Script
    Schedule Script...
    -----------
    Add New...
    Refresh List

Did this help? Is it possible some versions of 10.0 omitted this option? I have DB10 Professional.

John

6. winds350

winds350 Registered Member

On my DB10, if you select 'schedule script' from that right click menu, it will popup a schedule box with a frequency of once and a time of basically now. It's a very convoluted and round about way of doing a run now, I guess. Same if you hit the little blue marked icon on the script portion of the window, which, of course, does a completely different function than the identical icon in the schedule portion of the window.

I mean, who reviews these before they get out the door? The exact same icon, in one case means 'schedule this script', in the other means 'script properties'. In one case it's immediately to the left of the delete icon, in the other it's immediately to the right of the delete icon!

7. randle

randle Registered Member

Its a little honky way of doing things but I think I have it figured out. The developers have a way to go on this version.

Thanks much for your interest and help :).

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.