Where is ProSecurity ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by true north, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. true north

true north Registered Member

Hi there,

Silence is golden....but NOT in the IT business !!!
    Where are these guys. Had anyone a clue or better; news?

true north

2. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: It is not unusual for any new starup business. Maintaining its own vitality is often a problem for itself. Therefore, when users, including protential ones see this long-term pause of activity, o_O? pop up everywhere. On its own forums, both English and Chiese, creator of the noted app has failed so far to respond to ANY querry in timely fashion; not a very healthy sigh, IMO. It reminds me of personal experience here w/ Ghost Security official Forum, my post ,perhaps along with many others' are still awaiting ANY feedback from creator. One serious question; where have they been hinding? So shy that can not even drop a line to say they are indeed still breathing? Just beyond my comprehension. And pls , pls do not emerge when you need us to sign on subscription form. :D

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

As far as I can tell, PS is a "1-man show" with respect to technical staff. That one man is obviously a VERY skilled security programmer.

A long while ago, the HIPS known as System Safety Monitor started out as a one-man operation. Moreover, it had the slooooowest website that I have encountered before or since. But he made SSM into the success that it is today, & sold it to a well-staffed competent outfit. He succeeded, partly because he was a pioneer/genius, & partly because SSM was pretty much *1-of-a-kind*. In essence, SSM had ZERO competition within its own special niche of the security-software scene.

Will the PS guy be able to duplicate the SSM guy's success? Who knows?

There is a really big difference between PS's situation today, versus the situation with SSM in its early days. Namely, the SSM guy was very much an early PIONEER in developing a HIPS security program. Back then SSM had no real competition for capturing the attention of security fans & gurus. So SSM became a *cult favorite* with security gurus & security forums.

PS, on the other hand, has LOTS of well-established competition -- Prevx, SSM, Primary Response SafeConnect, Online Armor, Antihook, Safe'N'Secure, Cyberhawk -- to name just a few. There are many other HIPS-type programs, & more are coming along every day (e.g., EQSecure, Neovaguard, etc.)

On top of this, the security BIG guys (Symantec, McAfee, AVG, etc) are developing their OWN HIPS-type programs.

So the PS guy has a very tough row to hoe. The same holds true, I think, for any 1-man shop with a security program to sell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.