Where is IMON & AMON in version 4 please?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by littlewren, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlewren

littlewren Registered Member

Hi,

I want to find out if NOD32 is working properly by testing IMON and AMON as recommended on ESET's website and I have looked everywhere by clicking on my ESET logo, but there is no mention of IMON or AMON, not even in the Help menu. Neither is there mention of Threat Protection Modules, it just says ThreatSense.net.

I am completely puzzled and would welcome some urgent help please. I am running NOD32, version 4.

Also, I have just noticed, that when I click on Start>ESET> and then look for Control Center, there isn't one listed! I am stumped. :(

Many thanks,

Carrie

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  2. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

That knowledgebase article you read on the ESET website is meant for users running version 2.7 (or atleast pre version 3).
    Since version 3 you don't have the IMON and AMON "shields" all running seperately anymore, it is all integrated now (although it still uses IMON and AMON: check Program Files/ESET/ESET NOD32 Antivirus and you will see files related to AMON, DMON and EMON).
    Also since version 3 the whole user interface was redesigned. The whole way of navigating changed. Now it is also all integrated, while with version 3 you had different windows for IMON, AMON etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2010
  3. littlewren

Thanks very much for your reply, so there is no way of finding out if NOD32 is working correctly as you could do in the older versions?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

To test web access protection, simply download eicar.com, it should be intercepted by the web access protection module which is indicated by a url in the alert window.

To test real-time protection, disable web access protection and download eicar.com. If it's detected on the disk real-time protection works fine.

5. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm

Scroll down there and you will see two sets of four links. Try one from both sets.

NOD32 will be working correctly anyway, otherwise it would have given a orange or red warning on the main screen of the user interface. Also in all that time I have used NOD32 it has really proven itself as one of the most stable security programs, I have never encountered a bug or something.

*EDIT: too late.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2010
  6. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

7. littlewren

Many thanks everyone for your replies, will check out the advice tomorrow. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.