Where is DVD Support in v9.0?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Papa, Sep 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Papa

Papa Registered Member

Is there DVD support in v9? It seems that a lot of us have been waiting for that feature. If it's there, I'm ready to upgrade. If not, I'll just wait until there is DVD support. That would be my primary reason to upgrade.

"DVD" or "No DVD"?....that is the question....

2. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Don't see it, shame because users have literally been requesting this for a couple years.

3. wotnwabbit

wotnwabbit Registered Member

Me too! Will not upgrade until DVD support is easy to use. Acronis is missing the boat here.

4. highfieldlad

highfieldlad Registered Member

:mad: Same here. I've tried the trial version and it don't work. Only way I've found to write an image direct to DVD is to format the DVDs first using something like Roxio Easy Media Creator. As usual, Acronis produces a new version which fails to address our needs. They are certainly lagging behind the times with DVDs. To my mind the new version is a disappointment and no great step forward from version 8. Mind you version 8 was no great improvement on version 7 so what's new.

5. herojig

herojig Registered Member

lol, but it's the only thing that really works! - i guess that's why we are here no :blink:

I am waiting for some dual layer DVD RW (does it really exist?) and want to do backups there, as this nifty new writer is just sitting here playing the odd movie or 2. Without DVD support this will just be a pain in the keyster.

Is anyone out there doing this today and could give some tips?
    thanks,
    jigs

Last edited: Sep 21, 2005
  6. Technic

Technic Registered Member

Can't be true. What a sad story. :'( I expected something else.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that Acronis True Image 9.0 still doesn’t write to DVD directly, instead it utilizes third party UDF packet DVD writing software. Please read more information on how to burn your images to DVD in this FAQ article.

The ability to burn images directly to DVD will certainly be implemented in the future versions of a particular software, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet.

Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

8. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

Looks like DVD burners will be passe by the time Acronis supports them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.