Where is Acronis Support?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Dubinvero, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubinvero

Dubinvero Registered Member

I recently purchased Disk Director 10 to create a partition on my C drive. I have not been able to create a partition. The log incorrectly shows "Operation terminated by user".

I noticed that a number of other users are having the same problem as me. I also noticed that Acronis Support rarely participates in The Disk Director Forum. I hope I am in error but I did a search and found that Acronis Support's last contribution to this forum was on December 5, 2006. It would appear that Acronis is relying on the generosity of the forums participants to support the product.

Derek

2. nuljet

nuljet Registered Member

Yep, it's cheaper that way.

Anyways, if they responded they would almost surely post a template answer where they ask you to file a report with their utility.

That way, they also make sure only registered users get useful official information.

3. kej922

kej922 Registered Member

Yep, pretty much tired of the non-responsive attitude and will more than likely file a claim with the Better Business Bureau.

No support what-so ever except a web form to fill out. No replies to emails sent to support@acronis.com. No phone support at all. Heck the only phone number you can find if for corporate sales.

So either we all call the corporate sales office, every day a few times a day, or all files claims with the BBB or start a class action law suit...

All I am looking for is my money back now but...oh right...wouldn't even know where to send that request.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Acronis has recently changed it's support arrangements whereby you now need to contact them via the appropriate web based form rather than by emailing them.

If you have not yet purchased and registered an Acronis Product then use the following Web Form:

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/company/contacts/request/?t=2

If you have already purchased and registered an Acronis product then log into your account and use this Form instead:

https://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/support/?ab=1

Unless you are a Corporate/Enterprise user, and have paid extra for telephone support, then I'm afraid you will need to contact Support via one of the above Forms or wait for one of the Acronis Support Moderators to pick up your query in the relevant Acronis Support forum. Personally, I would cover both bases and also include the Support Ticket Number sent to me via an auto-reply message in the thread or post I had raised in the Acronis forum.

Regards

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Please note that this is the Official Acronis Disk Director Suite forum. Therefore, an off topic post about the use of alternative partitioning software has been removed.

Menorcaman

6. kej922

kej922 Registered Member

Yes I understand that. The ONLY form of support is a web form. This is unacceptable as it took over a week to get a reply from them, and a canned reply no-less. Try running from the boot disk....Sorry doesn't work with the boot disk either. At this point I am just looking for a refund of my money. The product does not work as advertised and after perusing these boards, I don't think I would want to even attempt to use it. The last thing I need to do is reinstall Windows, or attempt to fix the mbr, or the boot.ini file. I have to much imformation on my computer to place my trust in Acronis anymore.:mad:

7. almurray

almurray Registered Member

SOLUTION:

I got the same problem "Operation terminated by user". I figured that the keyboard might be sending something that Disk Director is interpreting as an abort signal. I disconnected my keyboard and mouse whilst the machine was starting its reboot, and the operation then goes ahead normally, even if the operation was started from within Windows.

MY FLAME TO ACRONIS:
    ~flame removed along with multiple duplicate posts. Please review our forum's Terms of Service - snapdragin

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.