Where has the NOD32 Control Centre gone?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Terry Sleeper, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terry Sleeper

Terry Sleeper Registered Member

Hello from the UK.

I have just installed NOD32 on my new laptop (Samsung R700 with Vista OS) and was not looking forward to the lengthy installation process I went through on my old machine - all the fiddly AMON, IMON, tabs, ticky boxes, etc.

However, I notice that not only the NOD32 icon in the taskbar is different to the one I had installed on my last laptop, but the Control Centre is not around, a double-click on the icon giving a simple NOD32 box with a simple menu on the left-hand side (beginning "Protection Status" . . . ending with "Help and Support").

Have I downloaded the wrong product, or has NOD32 all got simpler than when I last when through all that time-consuming configuring? If it ain't painful to configure I dont trust it . . .

Terry

2. Bitten By C Bug

Bitten By C Bug Registered Member

First of all brand new lap top... did it happen to come with "Trial" av scanner or security suite?? If so need to remove all traces of any other av scanners.. I would recommend UNINSTALLING the nod 32 you installed after d/l fresh new copy for your OS from here http://www.eset.com/download/registered_software.php..... and after reboot make sure c:program files/eset folder is deleted.. then reinstall nod32 2.7 or 3.0.642 which im using on almost exact same laptop w/o any glitches.. hope this helps.. Peace

3. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

It sounds like you downloaded version 3, which doesn't have the Control Center.
    In any case, make sure you have the latest version. Version 3.0.642.0 if version 3, 2.70.39 for version 2.

4. swami

swami Registered Member

Go to the advanced setup. You can do the fiddling there.

5. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Yes, you still have all the settings in 3.0 as you had in 2.7, if not more.

6. Terry Sleeper

Thanks for all your responses.

I had downloaded Version 3.0.621.0 which, though it has just updated with update 2930, would appear to be not the latest version. So I will follow the link provided above and re-install.

Here goes . . .

Terry.

7. Terry Sleeper

. . . . mission accomplished. Version 3.0.642.0 installed and the old one, and its folder, deleted.

Obviously, I am no expert, so, looking at the handy comments which accompany the new "advanced" setup screens, the "defaults" seem OK to me. Is that the consensus (if there is one)?

It all seems a LOT less fiddly than ye olde NOD32 which, great product that it is, took me anything up to an hour to get right whilst following the "Extra Settings" tutorial provided by Blackspear.

Thank you again to all who commented on my initial query.

Terry.

8. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    3.0 default is fine. Honestly I thought 2.7 was fine too...any additional configuration only took a minute or so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.