Where does the spam go ?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Will S, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will S

Will S Registered Member

I want to see the mail that eset treats as spam A folder briefly opens but disappears and I cant find it. I think there is an important email in there for me.

Also is it possible to dump Smart Security and go download just Nod 32 av ?

edit : should add thats its Windows Mail and the OS is Vista Ultimate

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

With an ESS license, you can run any of the ESET programs you desire.

3. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

@Will

Siingle-click on the ESS icon (in the tray), click on Advanced Setup, click on Antispam Module (on the left-side). The 3rd & 4th boxes (on right-side) should be checked and next to the 4th check-box is the folder name where the Spam is saved (I use the Junk E-mail folder).

With that said, I have been using ESS ever since the final version was released (now on build 642), so it's Spam filter has had suffient time for its learning process. Yet, I do not find the Spam Filter to be very effective insofar as its ability to identify Spam!

4. Will S

Will S Registered Member

I have tried that it doesnt work. I assume that the junk that shows briefly is old mail that hasnt been deleted. Anyway I am removing the spam feature

5. madgri

madgri Registered Member

In my opinion, the ESS Antispam module is pretty bad.

I found no decent way to import/export its black lists. I tried to use my Outlook 2003 Junk E-mail black list but no way.

Besides that, the amount of spam it catches is minimum, so after using it, in conjunction with Outlook 2003 Junk E-mail (that "joint-venture" didn't work fine), I decided to disable it and go back to SPAMfighter, that in conjunction with Outlook 2003 Junk E-mail does make a decent job.

Assuming that ESS Anti-spam can learn, what advantage is there in that for me if it happens that I have to uninstall ESS? I'll lose all the blacklist,that, in fact, are less and less valuable everyday because sapammers change their sending address and domains every while.

6. Will S

Will S Registered Member

well spam isnt a problem for me so have disabled it.

nod32 was a good simple non clogging bit of software......am not a fan of Eset Smart Security and if I hadnt just paid for a renewal I would dump Eset

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.