Where does NOD32 store its configuration settings?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Janner, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janner

Janner Registered Member

Since its official release, I have installed/uninstalled v3.0 a number of times whilst trying to resolve problems (initially a cinflict with Outpost firewall, and then problems with web access and updates).

I have been uninstalling through Control Panel, and then deleting the ESET folders. I have also been repairing winsock (just in case!)

What I have noticed, is that each time I reinstall NOD32, it remembers the settings from the previous installation. This makes me wonder whether all my subsequent problems are a result of a problem with the very first installation, and that it was never fully removed.

I have used CCleaner to clean my registry, but this has not resolved things.

So, where are the settings stored? What can I do to ensure a truly clean installation?

2. Jdeane

Jdeane Eset Staff

simply reg search found hklm/software/eset

Just like previous versions

3. Janner

Janner Registered Member

Thanks. Removed this (although it was pretty much empty). I did find another set of entries under HKEY_USERS which seemed to contain the user configuration. Removed this too.

Sadly it didn't resolve my current problems :(

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does the problem go away after uninstalling Outpost?

6. Janner

Janner Registered Member

Couldn't run Outpost Firewall 2008 and NOD32 together. Removed Outpost, and then started battling against a series of new problems:

• No web browser will work consistently unless I mark them as not being web browsers (in advanced settings)
    • Update not working (either manual or automatic)
    • Problems with Thunderbird - email sending and retrieving works fine, but will only retrieve new messages from subscribed newsfeeds when the application is first started

V2.70 has previously worked fine, so these problems come as quite a disappointment. It's also disappointing to see that some of the features in v3.0 are not yet implemented.

I have spent the past 3 days trying to resolve these problems. Have now removed NOD32 and am testing Outpost Security Suite (the equivalent to ESS).

With 2 years remaining on both my NOD32 and Outpost licenses, it's rather frustrating that I can no longer use them together, as they have previously made for a very good pairing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.