Where does Acrois store the following info ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Van Alles, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Van Alles

Van Alles Registered Member

Hi,

Suppose that I make a task with several files from different folders in it (a data backup thus).
    Then where is True Image storing the information about this task ?

Why do I ask this ?

I made a couple of tasks and made the backups accordignly to my D:\drive.
    Some weeks afterwards I had to do a C:\ restore from a C:\ image that I also made also with True Image.

The problem is that True Image does not find the above mentioned tasks anymore.

Can some good soul help me please ?

Thanks on beforehand
    V.A

2. mwang

mwang Registered Member

You tasks are stored in .tib.tis files with very long id string in their names, such as "421BE5FB-C0DF-473A-B87D-5787DAD4326E.tib.tis".

On my Vista 32 system they are stored in
    "C:\ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\" and "C:\Users\All Users\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\". (They're identical folders, one real, on virtual, in Vista.)

Look for the equivalent folder under "c:\documents and settings" on older windows.

3. Van Alles

Van Alles Registered Member

Thank you so much mwang.

Is it also possible to store the "task-information" on a second hard disk ?
    This would be very handy in order to remember it whenever I have to reload a previous C-disk-image ?

Thank you so much again on beforehand.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  4. mwang

mwang Registered Member

I'm not sure since I'm also new to Acronis TI. You can find the location in the following registry key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\Schedule2\Products\2]

(see the "Scripts" entry?), but frankly I'm not sure what will happen if you change its value.

Even if you can't move it, however, you may always set a junction to another location. That's what I do when I'm not sure it's safe to move a folder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.