Where does Acrois store the following info ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Van Alles, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Van Alles

Van Alles Registered Member

Hi,

Suppose that I make a task with several files from different folders in it (a data backup thus).
    Then where is True Image storing the information about this task ?

Why do I ask this ?

I made a couple of tasks and made the backups accordignly to my D:\drive.
    Some weeks afterwards I had to do a C:\ restore from a C:\ image that I also made also with True Image.

The problem is that True Image does not find the above mentioned tasks anymore.

Can some good soul help me please ?

Thanks on beforehand
    V.A

2. mwang

mwang Registered Member

You tasks are stored in .tib.tis files with very long id string in their names, such as "421BE5FB-C0DF-473A-B87D-5787DAD4326E.tib.tis".

On my Vista 32 system they are stored in
    "C:\ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\" and "C:\Users\All Users\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\". (They're identical folders, one real, on virtual, in Vista.)

Look for the equivalent folder under "c:\documents and settings" on older windows.

3. Van Alles

Van Alles Registered Member

Thank you so much mwang.

Is it also possible to store the "task-information" on a second hard disk ?
    This would be very handy in order to remember it whenever I have to reload a previous C-disk-image ?

Thank you so much again on beforehand.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  4. mwang

mwang Registered Member

I'm not sure since I'm also new to Acronis TI. You can find the location in the following registry key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\Schedule2\Products\2]

(see the "Scripts" entry?), but frankly I'm not sure what will happen if you change its value.

Even if you can't move it, however, you may always set a junction to another location. That's what I do when I'm not sure it's safe to move a folder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.