where do we go now

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Mr.Blaze, Aug 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

where do we go to register on line to vote?

i live in Washington i need to register to vote

i never voted in my life and never took a stand against those mofos up in the white house by using my right to vote

simply cause i didn't think it mattered

i figure whats the difference there all lier's and two-face cheats anyways

but what i come to realize is this

how bad do you want to take it up the you know what with out so much as a date or a phone call the next day type thing lol

so it looks like i got two choices here mr bush lol spokesman for the anti christ lol or john whats his name total wuss boy hack lol

well at least johns gentle i think he use lube and might call the next day lol

bush would not lol

so in all seriousness and jokes set aside i never voted my entire life

so how do you register and how do you vote and can you vote now cause I'm to lazy to do it later lol

personally don't like either guy but i rather pillowed talk and lied to with sweet nothings then get a simple roll over darl as intimate talk from a shoot first ask questions later cowboy lol

if this to political or some really lame thing ill just post it at sos girl website they got a perty good since of huemor even if most do vote for the cowboy lol

2. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

To register to vote, simply go down to your local city/town hall with two or three pieces of positive ID and speak to the city clerk.

3. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

OUCH YOU CANT REGISTER ONLINE? OR VOTE ONLINE?

WOW THAT STRANGE YOU THINK WITH ALL THIS TECHNOLIGY ONE COULD EASLY VOTE AT HOME?

4. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hi Mr Blaze
    i think you can register to vote online--i come across the site the other day.if i can find it again i'll let you know.You could probaly do a search for online reg. to vote and find it.and you can pick up the form to register at a public library,state or local gov. offices such as human services or at the dept. of motor vehicles.
    good day to you
    Rita

5. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

mr Blaze
    that web address is:congress.org--you can go there and one of the choices is registering to vote.i hope this helps
    Rita

6. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Hi Mr. Blaze,

You know I felt the same way all these years (apathetic), but this time it is different, too important. This year I registered to vote and I will vote come hell or high water. I don't care if you vote for Bush or Kerry, just do it.
    You can register online or you can find out the phone number for your local voter registration office. Call them and they will mail you a form. Mail it back and in 30 days and they send you a voter registration card. That's why you need to register before October 4th.
    If you are over 65, you can vote by mail, once you are registered.
    I won't vote online, too much possibility for fraud. I don't trust those electronic voting machines either. They may eventually add paper receipts, but I won't trust it unless I can see that the printout matches my vote. There have been already several cases of electronic voting malfunctions and lost votes. Give me back the hanging chads rather.
    How come they are able to make lotto machines that have perfect verification , tracking, validation, with receipts and yet these same companies can't make a reliable voting machine? Inexcusable. Unless you are in a swing state, you probably won't have to worry about the electronic machines (another interesting coincidence).
    If you don't vote and the vote is close then the corporations will decide for you who will lead this country. Sure they are both beholden to special interests. But at least you have the opportunity to choose which special interests rule this land, so use it. No excuses.

(P.S. For more unbiased political news than you get on broadcast or cable, try National Public Radio (NPR) and PBS TV (Bill Moyer's NOW is great and the McNiehl Lehrer news hour is okay too))
    Good luck whoever you vote for!

7. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

After reading that babble, I have come to the conclusion that you must be from Florida.

8. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

9. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Voting there [USA] would not be a true indication of how the people are feeling would it?

I mean, it's not compulsory and a vast number of non-voting people may have differing views than the actual outcome of an election?

Here [Australia] voting is compulsory and you have to register when you turn 18 and then vote.

Compulsory voting is viewed upon by many as a major pain, waste, inconvenience, etc. etc.... but at least the vast majority do vote and that reflects a true indication of what the people want.

There are 3 types of compulsory voting here:

Federal [Australian Federal Government]
    State [State Governments running, of course, each State]
    Council [Local Council Shires for each town/city/districts etc]

Also another major difference, we do not vote for our Prime Minister per se, like you guys do.

Your President can be elected, but his party may not hold the majority in the Senate/Govt. whatever.

Here, the only people who may vote for a potential Prime Minister/or State Premier, are those that actually live in the electorate where he/she resides, but *only* to be elected to office as a Member for that particular area.

Here, it's the Party that wins and whomever is the current head of that winning party is then sworn in as Prime Minister [President] or State Premier [like Governor in US].

The only exception to this rule is in Local Government Council

We vote for whom we want to be on Local Council, but also we vote for whom we want as Mayor of that council. That can mean of course that some councils could be run by a Mayor of one party, but the majority of Councillors belong to another party.

Just though I'd drop this little bit of info. :D

TAS

PS: Oh, yes, they do check to see who voted or not in all elections and if you failed, you had better have a good excuse. You get a whopping fine of $40 ROFL.... Every year there usually is one person who "fights for the cause" by not voting, and elects to go to jail instead of paying the fine. Usually 7 days, lol.

10. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

This thread seems a bit political...

11. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I think it's getting that way. Blaze's initial question was pretty legit, but I think we're done discussing politics here now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.