Where Do I Send Zip File?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by me, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. me

me Registered Member

Not sure where I should send a zip file which NOD32 indicates has multiple infiltrations. Is it sample@eset.com or support@eset.com?
    Right Clicking the file in Windows Explorer and doing a NOD32... results in
    On demand scanning of the zip file's directory results in:
    BTW NOD32 AMON resident module alerted me to this zip file when I was doing an Adaware scan and Adaware was unziping the files to a temp directory. I couldn't capture or quarantine these temporay unzipped files that AMON was alerting on because Adware was using them and when done would delete them. So I did an on demand scan of my entire hard drive to find out where the archive was located.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

Also see:

http://java.com/en/download/help/cache_virus.xml

Here are the instructions on how to manually remove these malicious applets from the JRE cache directory:

From the Start button, click Settings > Control Panel
    In the Control Panel, open the "Java Plug-in Control Panel"
    Select the Cache Tab
    Click the Clear button inside the Cache Tab, which will clear your JRE cache directory.

4. me

me Registered Member

Thanks Ronjor and Stan999,

Sent the zip file to samples@eset.com

As for clearing the applets from the jre cache directory, my Java Control Panel JRE 1.5.0 doesn't have a cache tab. Nevertheless, I was able use the general tab and the delete button in the temporary internet box to get rid of these aplets. The only things remaining in the jre cache directory are empty javapi and tmp folders.

Thanks again.

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

You're quite welcome bob.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If something is detected by name, it's not necessary to submit it to Eset for analysis unless you suspect it to be a false positive which is almost unlikely to happen. Just imagine that the users would deluge us with thousands of Netsky samples detected by name - they would never get a response from Eset and also regular samples would get lost in such a heap of emails. Feel free to delete that archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.