Where do I find My license key

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TomL, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomL

TomL Registered Member

I purchased two license on Nov 29 08 and installed one on my PC. The other to install on my sisters PC. I don't remember what key I used on my PC so do not know what key to use on the other. How do I find my key? (True Image 2009 Home )

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

In TI2009 it is in the Help About screen. You have to press the ALT key to make the File and Help menu bar appear at the top.

3. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Att’n: seekforever

What you say was true in previous builds of TrueImage 2009. With build 9709 the license information (serial number) was removed and is no longer displayed.

4. TomL

TomL Registered Member

Thanks for the alt key info but it doesn't show/give information as to what my key is.

5. Bruce Mahnke

If by chance you made a Rescue Media CD using a prior version you can boot to that and then apply the info in seekforever’s posting and you will see it.

6. TomL

TomL Registered Member

So how do I find the serial number info now, it must be hidden somewhere?

Tom

7. Bruce Mahnke

If you registered the product you can sign in and it will display what you are looking for.

8. TomL

TomL Registered Member

Bruce, I believe you mean prior build. A prior version would not help me and I don't have a prior build other than my first install of V2009 build 9615. I'm open to any other suggestions. My take at this point is that I purchased two license and if they don't want to tell me the one I have used, I will just punch in one of the numbers and if it is the one I have used it is on them to tell me and I will correct it. I have sent a request to tech support. I have always expected to find that info in the help/about screen.

9. TomL

TomL Registered Member

I have signed and I have the keys but just do not know the one I used .

10. Bruce Mahnke

I don’t recognize TI 2009, build 9615 as it must be quite old. By prior version I should have said prior build (prior to build 9709). Booting to the Rescue Media CD created with build 9615 I believe will display it.

11. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I didn't realize that the 9709 build doesn't show it like the previous one. OTOH, the reality is that you have 2 licenses and TI doesn't care if the same number is used. Not ideal but it shouldn't choke. If it does, then use the other one.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  12. TomL

TomL Registered Member

This is the reply I received from Acronis.
    "Thank you for contacting Acronis Customer Central. My name is Sanjay.

I understand your question and assure you of a quick resolution to identify and use the correct license key to install Acronis True Image 2009 Home.

After installation of the software, unfortunately there is no way that the information about the license key which was used for installation, can be collected.

So, we would recommend you to install the software again after a complete un-installation (i.e. Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs).

I will leave your case open until you confirm this resolved your issue. I look forward to your response."

I think I'll just take a shot in the dark on the second key. Thanks for all the responses

13. Bruce Mahnke

Actually that is a good approach. Uninstalling and re-installing doesn’t take long. Doing that you would know with absolute certainty which serial number is associated with a given person. This might avoid confusion in the future - hard to say.

Bruce

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.