Where did Acronis True Image Workstation Go?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by vonski, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vonski

vonski Registered Member

I've used Acronis True Image Workstation on several computers without problems. However, HP computers are different. On the first one the F11 Acronis recovery would not load. On the second PC, the F11 Acronis Recovery loads, but when I try to do anything I get the following message:

E000101F4: Acronis True Image Workstation is not installed and any hard drive.

If I boot from a recovery CD, and use Full version, it does the same thing. If I use the Safe version, it works fine, but with on CD, USB, Firewire, or network support.

I've tried re-installing the software, adjusting the Zone size, but nothing seems to work. The only thing I can come up with is that there is some kind of partitioning software that is invisible, except to True image. I've checked the partitions with Partition Magic and there doesn't sem to be any hidden partitions.

TIA

2. oisin

oisin Registered Member

How many workstations do you have Acronis TI Wkst installed on? I believe beginning with Version 9x Acronis installed some broadcast service that checks for multiple installs (same serial #) and fails if it finds a dup on the network.

Not sure if this answers your question.

3. vonski

vonski Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. The multiple installs with the same serial number is not a factor since each has its own serial number. Upon further investigation, I have a single 320 gb hard drive and RAID/SCSI controller. I didn't think a RAID array could exist without two hard drives. When I switch the controller setup from RAID to IDE, Windows XP can't install the drive.

I think that my problem relates to the RAID controller because others have experienced problems with RAID arrays. I don't know how to install drives within the recovery environment.

The Linux kernal command line prompt, " quiet acpi=off noapic" didn't help either so my best bet is to install a second HD for backups and just use the Safe Mode to recover.

Unless someone has a better idea.

Thanks

4. oisin

oisin Registered Member

I can enable RAID with just one drive on my ASUS motherboard. Although doesn't make a lot of sense to do so. I used TI to reinstall on from a non-RAID config to a Striped RAID 0 Set -- 2 serial HDs combined size for access speed. The motherboard was the same in this situation but if you're upgrading to new architecture, just make sure you have the RAID drivers available and they're easy to find on a CD or disk. From your post wasn't clear if this is a Windows or Linux box? I've not used Acronis on Linux; just Windows. In my case I did the following:

Before I created backup, I enabled the RAID controller in CMOS even though no sets yet defined. Upon reboot, Windows asked for the RAID drivers' disk and I then installed the drivers. I created a floppy of the RAID drivers, too --you will need same when you run a bare-metal restore. (I think you get to the special hardware install by pressing the F8 key in the restore process -- as you do in a Windows CD Install Boot -- and selecting add the additional drivers... but I'm sure it's listed somewhere in the Acronis Help.)

After this, I created Acronis TI backup. For these kind of upgrade situations to newer/larger hardware, I backup to an external HD since B/Us are so much faster (almost same as internal HD to HD) and restores are much simpler than on a server drive. Unless you have an IEEE type ext HD, you can't use the Safe Recovery mode; doesn't have the USB drivers. Test the CD created by Acronis to be sure it works before you install new HDs w/RAID. It should read your b/u without prob (Ha! I think I've only had this luck once in my life!)

Check the bootup sequence to be sure CD is listed ahead of your SCSI/RAID drive, and you should be ready to reinstall.

Good luck. It's a little bit of a "leap of faith" when you do this.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello vonski,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD is Linux based (as well as the standalone version of Acronis True Image used in Acronis Startup Recovery manager) and has it's own assortment of drivers for the wide variety of modern hardware. In other words, it does not depend on the hardware configuration of the system it was created on.

The issue you have experienced could be related with the fact that the appropriate drivers for your particular RAID controller were not added into the standalone version of Acronis True Image or the existing drivers work not correctly.

First of all, I would recommend that you make sure you use the latest build (3832) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Create a new Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue Media using the latest build, because each new build brings such improvements as better hardware support etc.

If the issue persists with the latest build of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation, then in order to provide you with a possible solution we need some additional information to investigate this issue thoroughly. Therefore, could you please do the following:

- Provide the exact vendor and model of the RAID controller you use;

- Create Acronis Report, Windows System Information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.